34. The True Identity

J A S O N ' S    P O V :

Telling your human mate your true identity isn't easy. In fact, it is the part most wolves dread. The part where a werewolf must reveal their world to a human or suffer the loss of a mate.

I'm not going to lie, Ethan kind of forced me into it. Although I believed our mate wasn't ready to get over the emotional shock that comes with a large secret, he insisted. After all, we had seen her fleeing the territory, and by the looks of it, she planned to never return.

I readied myself for a response, either hysterics or being called a liar. When she opened her mouth, I expected her to show her fear, or to voice her views on my psychological health. Instead, Kara kept me on my toes like always. I was shocked to hear, "I know." How could she brush it off that easily? How could she hear me break the news about what I really am, only to reply that she knew all along? But how? How is she acquainted with the werewolf community?

"But how-" Before I could finish voicing my thoughts, a group of my dad's highest warriors approached us, anger and power evident in their strides.

"Alpha, step away from the girl." The leader of the warriors growled lowly, warning me of Kara. Ethan felt like lashing out at this comment, because she was our mate after all. And no one told us to step away from our mate.

"How dare you tell me what to do-"

"I said stay away from the girl! Your father's exact orders!" His attention then flickered to Kara. "You filthy little rogue. Thought you could hide here, could you?"

Kara growled, but fear took over, and I knew that she somehow knew what this was about. She looked defeated. Ethan and I couldn't bear to see her look like that, and a foreign growl left her mouth. No, I wasn't going to let them do this!

"Step back from her!" I turned to the warrior yelling at me, before growling venomously. 

"And why should I do that?"

"She's the wanted wolf - the one we've been looking for! Your father was talking to a nearby pack and they told us who she was."

Kara tried bolting. Key word: tried. She was immediately restrained by the wolves, to which I snarled. 

"Let go of her!"

I received a mind link from my dad. "I knew that human girl was no good. Son, I need you to stop fighting my warriors and come back home. We'll talk about this there."

I sighed, knowing my dad wasn't going to leave any room for argument. I also was aware that the warriors weren't going to just hand her over. 

"Lock her up in the dungeon, but I don't want a hair on her head hurt. You hear me? I am going to interrogate her as soon as I finish speaking with my father."

They nodded, seeming pleased with my answer before dragging Kara to the cells. I really hated to do that to her, but it was really the only way. If I ever wanted to get the truth out I was going to have to do this.

I headed back to the pack house to find my dad and a few other Alphas waiting for me. We headed to the meeting room to discuss this in private without any interference, like Evelyn. 

"Alpha Jason," One of the men said, looking at me dead in the eye. "All the packs will be forever grateful for your discovery of the wanted wolf. She has evaded us long enough."

"Yes, well I think we are going to hold onto her for a while." I wasn't about to leave my mate with these Alphas to get tortured. That would only happen over my dead body.

"No! She is the only one that knows the True Alpha of the Blue Moon Pack's location! Without her we will never know!"

Suddenly a guard burst in, breathing heavily. "She's trying to escape. The silver isn't burning her."

"Then she missed the werewolf gene!" One of the Alpha's concluded, standing up from his seat abruptly. 

I pushed him back into his seat. "I will dear with her. You guys can go back to the meeting, I will be back as soon as I finish a small interrogation." Without leaving any room for any of the leaders to object, I ran out the door, heading to the cells. 

What was she if she wasn't affected by silver, yet knew about the werewolf world. Before I could finish my thought, I found the cells. And it was complete and utter chaos. 

Guards were scrambling about, trying to subdue Kara while she taunted them. "Enough!" I yelled, causing the entire room to go quiet. "I am about to start an interrogation here, I want everyone out!"

No one had to tell the guards twice, because they fled before I could blink. I took a deep breath before making my way in front of Kara's cage. "Start from the beginning, and tell me the truth, please." I didn't want to sound broken, but I couldn't hold it back. I knew that she was hiding so much from me that I couldn't even comprehend. 

Her gaze upon me softened as she came to the edge of her cage, just mere feet away from me. 

"I am the wanted wolf. My father was the previous Alpha of the Blue Moon Pack. He went crazy and on a rampage when I was younger, hence why all the Alpha's want my head. They want me to find a way to hurt him, and to find him." Her head drops, but the way her shoulders lift shows me that she has been waiting to get this off of her shoulders. 

"But they will never find my father. He died a few years back in a car crash. No one believes me, so I have been on the run ever since. My name isn't Kara Thomas, either. My name is Amy Barlow." I gasped in shock. Amy, from my dream! Could this be her? The last name Barlow also shocked me. I had been told the legends of Alpha Barlow since I was a child. No...

"You are also my mate, and I am a werewolf." I was confused by the last comment, because currently Kara- I mean Amy, was holding on tightly to the silver and wolf bane bars. Seeing, my strong gaze, she slowly retracted them, revealing no sign of injury. "I'm not only wanted by the wolves."

I didn't care who she was wanted by, and Ethan and I wanted to voice that. "Kara-Amy, whichever name you want to go by, you are my mate. I wouldn't trade you for anything in the world. I don't care who you are wanted by, you are the rightful Luna of the Silver Crescent Pack, and you will take your role."

I quickly extracted a key from my pocket for the cell, before pulling my mate into a bone crushing hug. Her scent and presence calmed me, and I could tell I had the same reaction on her. Before I could stop myself, our lips connected, and she responded immediately.

That's when I knew that no matter what happened, I would have my mate by my side. And honestly, I couldn't be any happier.

...

Hey guys!

Sorry for the break in updating!

I just wanted to let you know this isn't the end!

We still have about 10 more chapters to go!

Don't forget to 

READ. VOTE. COMMENT!

-HEXODUS;)