41. EVELYN

Hey guys!

I thought it would be really interesting to add Evelyn's take on everything!

Hope you enjoy!

...

E V E L Y N ' S    P O V :

Just watching Jason fall apart in a matter of hours showed me the extent of my destruction. Yes, I was the one who told Zander about the wanted wolf, but I didn't think anything this major would come from it.

You see, to most people I am the stuck up snob of the pack that only wants to be by Jason for the Luna position. That is partially true, but there is much more to it. 

For starters, I was never after the Luna position for myself. It would be amazing to have all the glamour and status, but there was more incentive from that. Alpha Zander just happens to be my uncle, and he wanted me to try and get this position. He wants to be in charge of the most powerful pack in the world, and the only thing standing in the way is the Silver Crescent Pack.

My uncle was never one for alliances. He said he would rather have all the power so he wouldn't have to rely on others in times of need. So, because his youngest niece just happened to live in that pack and knew the unmated future alpha, he wanted me to seal the Luna position so that he could influence the packs decisions. In Alpha Zander's eyes, this was the best he could do without breaking into an all out war.

I was up for the proposition, mostly because I knew better than to disobey my uncle. I met a witch from Zander's pack who gave me a potion that would make Jason think I was his mate. Yes, it fooled people for a little while, but then he realized that he had a stronger bond with someone else. I've never met my mate, so I kind of felt bad that I had tricked him when his soulmate was right in front of him.

My uncle wasn't pleased, though. He wanted me to dig a little deeper to find any kind of information I could to incriminate and remove Jason's actual mate from the Luna position. Blinded by the fear of my uncle's wrath, I obliged. In the end I discovered she was the wanted wolf everyone had been searching for. I called my uncle and shared the news after Jason presented her to the pack. 

I will admit, I wasn't always the nicest to Kara. After all, I saw her as a threat to the plan. Now that I know she was a wolf, I actually kind of feel bad, because the entire time she had to watch me with her mate. Watch me with the person that was supposed to end up with her while I called him my boyfriend.

When my uncle arrived, I thought of it as nothing. He was probably going to confront Jason about his mate's true identity and then he would try to convince him to reject her. All in all, it would ultimately be Jason's decision.

What I had not anticipated was that my uncle would right out kill Kara! I wasn't heartless enough to be happy over someone's death. I think it all really became reality when I saw Jason stumbling back into the pack house looking completely broken. He wasn't his usual cheerful self, in fact, he looked like he'd never be happy again. 

Knowing that I was part way responsible, I felt really guilty, a feeling I haven't always been accustomed to. I had never intended to hurt anyone that badly. Yes, I had expected to turn into the Luna, and rule happily, without Kara in the picture. Now, though, she was completely knocked out of the picture. And there was no way we were bringing her back.

...

"Evelyn, you have been assigned to help Martha." I was pulled away from my thoughts when I was assigned my job. Although reluctant at first, the pack had agreed to help out with the preparations for today's funeral. Jason had spent all last night working on the plans, and we were in charge of putting his vision in motion.