43. Making A Plan

A M Y ' S    P O V :

After running, I returned back to the Blue Moon Pack. Just seeing Jason at the funeral had shown me how broken he was, how the loss was inflicting an ever growing wound through his heart. Just looking into his eyes and knowing he felt the connection proved how wrong I was - I'm not strong enough to face him yet.

But what if by the time I am, he has already been hurt too deep for repair, too deep to go back. I couldn't be selfish when this affected both of us.

I knew that no matter what my fears were, I would have to get over my phobia of rejection. My mate deserved to know the truth before it was too late.

As soon as Anthony and my mom arrived home, I quickly approached them. "Mom, Anthony, can I speak to you for a minute?"

They nodded their heads, shooting each other quizzical stares. One moment I'm speechless at the funeral, and the next I want to talk. 

"I think it's time I revealed my identity to Jason."

Now I just had to wait for the coronation.

...

J A S O N ' S     P O V :

"I swear Dad, I'm not making this up!" Ethan and I couldn't get Amy out of our head. We should be devastated over Kara's death, not interested in another girl already!

I was currently trying to explain to my father that I had seen a girl who looked like the one in my dreams, and could possibly be my second chance mate.

"Jason, I'm sure it was just your imagination. Your wolf can make up weird assumptions when your mate dies."

It wasn't like my dad really knew what he was talking about, though. After all, he still had a mate. My mom was alive and well, unlike Kara.

Just saying her name brought a pang of sadness to my heart. Ethan howled in sorrow. But every time we even thought of Amy, we were suddenly uplifted, like we were on cloud 9. Bipolar much?

If I couldn't convince my dad, I would convince someone else. Just as I was about to head out to talk to someone who would believe me, Evelyn poked her head in.

"Hey Jason, I just wanted to check and see how you were doing lately?" 

Could I tell her about Amy? It was worth a shot. I shrugged. "I guess I'm doing okay. There was a girl at the funeral, though. She had long brown hair, bright green eyes-"

"And came in with Alpha of the Blue Moon Pack? Yep, I saw her." Evelyn gritted out, her eyes blazing. Something was bothering her, but now was not the time to prod.

"Anyway, can you tell me who she was. I think she is my second chance mate..."

"I don't think so," Evelyn said sternly. "Second chance mates rarely happen. Also, she is related to Martha. The only explanation is that she is part witch! I think she cast a spell on you to make you fall in love with her."

"Like you did to Jason?" I turned around to find Caleb and Ryder standing by the door, their arms crossed across their chests. "Yeah, Evelyn, we dug a little deeper on who told Zander to come here. All the signs led to you."

I could feel my eyes bulging out of my sockets. Evelyn?! The one I grew up with? She seriously told Zander about my mate and got her killed?

Anger lit up my face as I let out a ferocious growl at the thought of someone being responsible behind my mate's death. I gritted my teeth before re centering my attention on the pale girl in front of me. "Care to explain?"