44. Witches Join In

A M Y ' S    P O V :

I fixed my unruly hair, my nerves getting the best of me. What was I doing outside this office anyway? Oh, that's right, I was trying to join my mate's pack. The one that thinks I'm dead. Should be easy.

I fiddled with the trim on my flowing shirt as I waited for someone to call me into the meeting room. Apparently, Jason wasn't too fond of the idea of letting someone he didn't know in.

A girl stepped out into the hall, her dark black hair tied behind her. "Amy?" I stood up and followed her into a small room that contained only a table. On the other side of it stood Caleb and Ryder, but no Jason. I peered around curiously, trying to see if he even decided to make an appearance at all. 

"As you can see, our Alpha didn't come to join us today. We are here to decide if you can join the pack or not."

Where was Jason? I was supposed to get in through talking to him. Not through these two dimwits!

"All we need you to do is answer a few questions." Looking around the room, I spotted a glowing light. It blinked red, alerting me it was a camera recording. Jason. He didn't want to face me. I decided that as long as he was watching, I needed to tell the truth.

"So, Amy, would you mind telling us what you are exactly? How you are connected to the werewolf world?"

I decided to give the full answer. After all, what could be the worst that could happen? "I'm a wolf. And I'm also part witch."

...

J A S O N ' S    P O V :

The minute I saw Amy walk into the meeting room, my breath caught in my throat. She was so beautiful, but I had to ask myself, why was I attracted to her? Was she my second chance mate?

I knew she was a werewolf, but when she answered with the witch part, my doubts only grew. What if my feelings towards her were all part of a spell? A part of a plan to gain the Luna position?

Out of fear, I quickly mind linked Caleb and Ryder. "Don't let her through! She could be casting spells on us for all we know!"

Looking at the video, they turned to face her. "I'm sorry, but this discussion has been ended. You will not be joining our pack."

A look of disbelief spread across her face before morphing into anger. "So you aren't going to listen to me? Do you know how hard it was to get in here?"

"I'm sorry, miss, we don't really want to hear about your struggles to get in here. We'd rather you leave." Caleb had a pained look on his face, like he believed it was unfair, but he knew better than to go against me.

Before she could get another word out, guards barged in and grabbed her to remove her from the premises. I felt slightly guilty. Yeah, I never got to hear her whole story, but I couldn't let her try to cast a spell so that she could take over. What other reason would a witch want a place in werewolf pack?

"Alpha, you may want to come out here. The girl is refusing to move until she sees you." Ryder told me through mind link, frustration evident in his tone. "I don't think she will be able to cast a spell if you stay far enough away, but she really is persistent on talking to you."

I sighed. Could Amy put up any less of a fight? I begrudgingly trudged down the hallway only to come upon a situation that reminded me of something.

Amy was leaning against the corner while all the guards were on the floor, awake. It looked as if they were completely paralyzed and could only move to breath. My Beta and Gamma were standing in front of her, blocking all the possible exits. She only smirked though, giggling a little at each of their threatening growls. Did she not feel the power radiating off of them?

I approached her, anger on my face. Who did she think she was to come in here and treat my pack this way? She wanted to join, yet she treated everyone like they were below her, without any of the respect they deserved.

I clenched my hands into fists and gritted my teeth before standing with Caleb and Ryder. Ethan was going crazy for control, only being able to repeat 'mate' over and over again. But I ignored him. I ignored everything around us and spoke as strong as I could without snapping on her. "What do you want? Why did you come here? You obviously didn't come to just be 'let into the pack', so why are you here?"

She sighed, looking down, like she knew she had been caught. I tried to concentrate on what was going on around us, as the guards began to stand, but Ethan wouldn't stop bugging me. He wanted to inform me how hot she looked as her long brown hair fell over her sparkling green eyes. He wanted to check her out more than pay attention to what was going on. Just great.

When she spoke, it was music to my ears. Well, Ethan's actually. While I was trying to pay attention to what was going on he was trying to imagine what it would sound like for her to respond to one of cheesy pick up lines. 

But when she spoke, I couldn't help but agree. "I came here not because I want to take over. Trust me, I'm just as surprised about being a witch as you are. But I came here because I have something special to offer to this pack. Something important I wanted to share.

"Because I am the wanted wolf."

My eyes widened in disbelief. "No you're not, Kara Thomas was the wanted wolf."

She smiled sadly shaking her head. "Kara Thomas never existed. She was a human cover up for a wolf. I came here to show you where she really is."

What the...

...

Hey guys!

Next chapter is the last one for this book. *sobs internally*

Thanks for all the reads from everyone, I couldn't have finished it without your motivation. 

Comment on this chapter about any bonus chapters you would like me to write or any ideas you have for how it should end.

Don't forget to

READ. COMMENT. VOTE!

-HEXODUS  ;)