45. ~The True Mate~

Last chapter!

ENJOY!

...

A M Y ' S      P O V  :

Why I chickened out and couldn't tell Jason the truth? I wasn't ready. That was simply it. I wasn't ready to break my entire story to him, sing my entire heart out. I needed time. So he gave me a day. I promised to let Kara walk straight through the gates and into his arms. 

And that was what I was going to do.

After I had shifted into her, my blonde hair with purple highlights cascading down my back, I couldn't help but think back on how far I'd come. A few months ago, I had entered the pack as the wanted wolf, running from everyone and everything. I feared what I didn't know, what would happen if something went wrong. My mission was to stay safe and hidden, something that didn't go as planned.

Now, I was going back into the pack, but I was different. I was going to be welcomed in. With wide open arms. This time, I would be going straight towards the Alpha, sharing my secrets until I had none left.

And this time, I wasn't afraid. 

Instead, I was joyous.

...

J A S O N ' S    P O V :

She said she could make her come back. Amy said she'd make Kara reappear again. I was hopeful that I would see her again, but I couldn't get my hopes up. After all, who could bring back the dead.

Since the grave wasn't to far into the ground, I asked for some wolves to carefully dig it up. I really didn't want to disrespect Kara in any way, but I needed to know if she would come back to me. If I would have a second chance at having my mate.

...

A M Y ' S     P O V :

I walked towards the border, running my hands through my hair from the nervousness. I was surprised Jason couldn't sense it coming off of me in waves. 

I took a deep breath in, before letting Rachel go free. No, I didn't shift into my wolf. Instead, I gave her control of my body while I sat on the sidelines. Right now, there was only one thing she wanted more than anything else. Our mate.

I let her free. She darted through the trees, working with her senses to find the fastest possible route to his warm embracing arms. But in the back of my mind, I knew that they wouldn't always be warm and embracing. No, if we told him the wrong way he would give us the cold shoulder, and rejection would stab our heart.

Soon, the pack territory came into our sights. Up ahead was a heavy patrol, told only to let in the certain blonde haired girl that should be approaching. Rachel gave me back control as I slowed to a stop, walking towards the guards as if I had not just run here like a maniac out of prison.

Upon seeing me, their faces shown in complete shock. They looked like fish out of water, their jaws moving without any words being spoken. It was obvious these wolves had expected this to be a prank to take advantage of their Alpha.

Without hesitation, they opened the gates for me to proceed through. And so I did.

When I saw him, I could hear my heart beat a little faster. It drummed in my chest, its speed racing. Jason looked up, and our eyes connected. Tears formed in his eyes, and his breathing became heavy.

I put my head down, unable to look at him in the eye anymore. I knew what was coming. He was going to reject me. He wouldn't want to be with someone her broke him down that hard, and honestly, I wouldn't either. 

But just as I waited for the feeling of my heart breaking into thousands of tiny pieces, he did what I was least expecting. Jason wrapped his strong arms around me and pulled me to his chest. He cried. I had seen it from far away, but now, he let it all out. Everything he had been holding in. And I was fine with that. I hugged him back, rubbing his back soothingly.

He pulled away, but kept his strong grip on me, as if I was going to disappear any moment. "Wha-How?" He croaked. "I thought you died. What happened?"

I snuggled my head into his chest, his scent calming me down. Once I had collected my thoughts, I met his piercing gaze. I slowly transformed back to my original form, my brown hair cascading down my back.

"My name is Amy Barlow, daughter of the former Alpha of the Blue Moon Pack. I have been on the run ever since his passing and disguised myself as a human. A human named Kara Thomas. I am part witch and part wolf. And I am your mate." With that statement, he held me even tighter to his chest, sobs wracking his body. I realized I had tears spilling out as well. This was surreal for both of us. Not only because to Jason I had come back from the dead, but also because I was prepared to be rejected.

When we pulled away after we had both shed as many tears as we could, I laughed. It became contagious and quickly spread to Jason as well. Yes, he still had a lot to find out about me and my story. And yes, I still had a lot to learn about his pack. But for once in my life, I was no longer wanted by the wolves. I was safe in the arms of my mate.

I looked around, realizing the pack had formed a circle around his, eager to see what the commotion was and why at first glance it looked like the dead girl was interacting with her mate once again.

I smiled warmly at all of them, and got it in return. Now, in my original state, they recognized me as their Luna, as a power that would lead them through the dark.

Martha stepped forward, an urgent expression on her face. Jason caught on immediately before stepping forward. "What is it?"

"Being wanted by the wolves may be over, but now the witches are after you. All witches must train, and being a hybrid you will still not be able to evade them." 

"Then we will protect her, right?" The pack cheered at Jason's decision, wanting to keep their Luna safe at all costs.

"That won't save her from being taken," Martha smiled sadly. "Because they are already here."

THE END.

...

Hey guys!

Unfortunately, this time it is actually the end!

Thanks so much for everyone who has supported the writing of this book.

I will be going back through later and editing any contradicting facts, grammatical errors or holes in the plot line.

The cover contest is still continuing, and in the comments tell me which one you think should win. Just type the number it is from the top!

-HEXODUS ;)