Chapter 14 ✨

It's too early for this. I haven't had one wink of precious sleep yet here I am with my team in the early morning waiting for Kakashi sensei, Isamu stayed at home because he claimed that wolves need more sleep than humans.

Seriously though, from my perspective this team is messed up.

Let's start with Naruto shall we? I don't know what it is but lately, we've definitely grown apart. He's much more focused on beating Sasuke and earning Sakura's attention, making me feel like the fourth wheel!

Then there's Sakura, she doesn't like me. The only thing she does like about me is my hair, even then she tells me that I should dye it another color. She's all over Sasuke and wether she admits it or not, she likes the attention she gets from Naruto. Well that last bit is just my opinion.

Then there's Sasuke. He's the reason I've been missing out my precious sleep. Memories I have with him as a child keep haunting me, especially the day that changed everything. But he also, does not care about me. He's focused on his older brother, looking cool, and being stronger than the rest of us.

Fabulous.

That leaves me, and I can't help but feel left out. This village feels like a big prison cell, I can't even go to the borders without Kakashi breathing down my back and the hokage getting super angry.

"I haven't even blow dried my hair." Sakura complained eyeing my hair which was still, perfectly in place. I looked at her and shrugged "I just woke up like this."

Tensions were high between Sasuke and I but I don't think Naruto and Sakura realized it. I felt his gaze on the side of my head, when I looked he didn't look away.

I glared at him and crossed my arms over my chest, he glared back and quickly looked away right after.

Luckily, Kakashi sensei appeared out of nowhere.

Finally, maybe after this I could get some sleep.

"Hey! Good morning everyone, sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life." I quirked a brow and my louder teammates yelled at him for being a liar.

I chuckled "Hey Sensei you already used that excuse twice! Try making up some new ones!" He quickly came down from the high bridge and stood in front of us, placing a hand on the top of my head while I scowled.

"I know this is a bit sudden but I recommended you for the chunnin exams, all four of you, these are the application forms." He handed us slips of papers and I eyed mines curiously.

"Application forms?"

"You're repeating me Sakura."

I rolled my eyes and tilted my head to the side "is that all sensei? There's a bed at my house and it's calling my name."

"Patience Haru."

My shoulders slumped and sulking lines immediately appeared around me.

"Anyways, this is all voluntary, it's up to you. If you don't feel ready then you can wait till next year." He explained and I nodded, still on the ground and sulking.

So Naruto was really excited and Kakashi sensei complained about slobber on his vest or whatever. I don't know I wasn't paying attention, all I could think about is my comfortable bed and how lucky Isamu is right now.

"Whoever wants to enter the exams, sign the paper and come to room 301 at the academy. It's at 3pm five days from now. That's it."