Jojen Reed X Reader- Risk

You had been huddled under a tree for days when the group found you, curled in the fetal position and shivering in the snow. You had been attempting to get away from your brother; your violent and abusive twin; you still had the bruises. You had assumed no one would find you this far out into the forest but you were wrong. The sound of crunching snow caught your attention before you were even fully awake, and then a hand shook your shoulder, causing you to stir from your sleep. As you shook the hand away your eyes met those of the boy in front of you.

"Y/N?" he asked sweetly and you panicked, this boy could be anyone, maybe even one of your brother's men, how else would he know your name. "My name's Jojen, and this is Meera, Bran and Hodor," he told you as you looked over at his companions. "We've been looking for you," he added and you gritted your teeth, ready to launch an attack; you wouldn't do much damage but if you got one good punch in you might be able to get away long enough to put some distance between you.

"What's the matter with her?" the girl, you assumed was Meera, asked, peering over the boy's shoulder. "You said she was talking in your dreams," she added, tilting her head to the side as she watched your face.

"What dreams?" you asked, your voice raspy from lack of use. A bright smile came onto Jojen's face as he leant away from you, giving you some space.

"I see things in my dreams, things that haven't happened yet," he told you gently, his eyes never leaving yours, willing you to believe him.

"And what does that have to do with me?" you muttered, using the bark of the tree to pull yourself up on shaking legs. You could see Jojen's dilemma, he obviously wanted to help you but there was no way in which you would let him, not yet.

"I saw you. You were running from something; someone. You needed help," he told you, shuffling back to the group. "We've been looking for you for months and finally tracked you back here," he added.

"Kal," you whispered under your breath, closing your eyes gently for a second before looking up at the confused people in front of you. "My brother," you explained. "He's not the nicest of people," you finished and Jojen nodded slightly, as if he understood.

"Come with us; we'll protect you," Jojen told you and you let out a bitter chuckle.

"He'll kill you all if he finds me with you," you spoke, shaking your head as you gathered up the last of your things from between the roots of the tree you had been harbouring under. "But if you have any extra supplies they would be much appreciated," you told them all with a smile.

The group remained silent for a moment. "I'm sure we have something," Meera finally spoke up, and you nodded before following her over to the bags they had on them.

"You can't leave, you came with us," Jojen hummed lightly as you ripped of a hunk from the bread they had stored.

"Your dream must have been wrong," you murmured, with a small shrug.

"My dreams are never wrong," he answered quickly and you shrugged again.

"I don't know what to tell you, but i'm not coming with you," you reiterated, slinging your bag over your shoulder.

"You don't have a choice," he told you, causing you to scoff at him.

"And whose going to make me?" you asked him, your fingers wrapping around the small dagger hidden at your hip, your glare stopping him in his tracks.

"I'm trying to protect you," he pushed and your bitter laugh cut him short.

"You need to learn that you can only protect yourself. People are cruel by nature, and no vision is going to make them change their ways," you hissed, watching as he flinched away from the venom in your voice. The group remained silent for a moment and you shrugged your bag higher on your shoulder, ready to make your hasty getaway.

As you turned to leave a voice stopped you. "He wants to protect you because in his visions you two were married," Meera rushed and you paused for a moment in your escape.

"Your visions are wrong; I don't plan on marrying anyone," you told them, your breathing slow and deep as you gathered the confidence to leave again.

"The dreams are never wrong," Jojen whispered, more to himself than you and you sighed heavily before turning back to look at his fallen face.

"There is a first time for everything," you told him, as gently as you could muster in your hardened voice, "I'm sorry Jojen, but I have to leave, I only put you all in more trouble," you added and his brows furrowed.

"What do you mean? Meera and Hodor are incredible warriors," he spoke up and you shook your head.

"Against half-starved peasants and untrained wildlings, not against my brother's men," you told him.

"What does he want from you?" he pushed and you groaned before slumping down in the snow, to their confusion.

"It's a long story, sit down," you informed them, waiting until they were each sitting facing you, like children listening to their parents legends and stories. "It all started when we were both little, I've always been a lot more popular than Kal, he was violent and crude and just terrible to the carers we had," you paused for a moment, "I on the other hand, was a delight," you told them and Meera let out a muffled chuckle. "I was," you reaffirmed causing her to laugh again.

"I'm sure you were," she told you, rolling her eyes and you scowled playfully at her.

"Well, then Kal went into training and he just found sneakier ways to be cruel, hiding it from our Mother and Father," you paused for a moment letting out a dark chuckle. "I just thought it was normal child stuff, but then our parents died and it just kept getting worse," you stopped talking, your eyes scrunched shut as you took a few deep breaths. "He needs to find a way to keep me from telling any other Lords, so that he can remain in their favour," you finished, leaving everyone quiet.

"Please stay with us," Jojen interrupted the silence. "We've been looking for you for so long, I can't leave here without you," he told you, though your eyes remained tightly shut.

"He'll kill you if he finds us, he will rape Meera and he will kill the rest of you," you told him, biting back the tears that threatened to fall.

"It's a risk we are willing to take," Meera spoke this time. "I trust my brother's visions, and if he says that we survive, we survive," she told you and you finally allowed your eyes to peak open. "Now come," she added, "We have to keep moving as much as possible," she finished, getting back to her feet and offering you her hand to help you up.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x