Chapter 8

The Kingdom of Heaven
Airick's POV

The boy seemed awed, and I felt proud of myself, showing off the Utopia I helped create. After a moment, however, he shoved his hands into his pockets​, turning away from the buildings. "Okay, you can take me back now."

"What?! Don't you want to look around? I've brought you to one of the places no one else alive has ever seen, and you want to go?!" The boy shrugged. "This has nothing to do with me. I didn't ask you to bring me here. Whatever's going on with my brother being queen of Hell, well, that's between you and my brother. I trust him. He'll make the right choice."

This boy intrigued me. I've never seen anyone so eager to leave Heaven. He didn't seem to have any sort of ill will against me or Heaven, either. He wasn't planning on using me in any way, forcing himself into Heaven, stealing the precious metals, becoming God, nothing!

He waited patiently as I mentally argued with myself, attempting to find a rational explanation for his behavior. "Well? Are we going or not? I have school tomorrow."

"Actually, it does concern you." He raised an eyebrow. "I need you to help me get into Hell to take back your brother." He listened carefully before answering. "First of all, why do you want my brother back? Second of all, why do you need me to get to Hell?"

"Your brother could be the one who aids Lucifer in taking Heaven! Such a pure soul, even married to the devil, would not be rejected. Second, how am I, an angel, a pure follower of God, supposed to get to Hell? Have some sense, for God's sake!"  

Before I could finish ranting, the boy burst out laughing. "Ha! I get it! 'For God's sake'? You're an angel? Good one." I felt like slapping the boy, and was about to do so when he spoke again. "Okay. I'll help you get there, but if Micah doesn't want to go, I won't force him. Name's Seth, by the way."

Of course. A devil's name. It fit almost too perfectly, but at least he agreed to help. "Thank you, for agreeing, but I don't understand. Why would you be okay with your brother marrying the devil? Satan himself?" Seth smiled, his eyes filling with light.

"When our parents died, Micah was the one to drop out. Not me, the oldest, the one responsible for my sibling. When I confronted him later, he told me, 'I don't want you to give up on your dreams. Go, be happy.' He's worked everyday since.

"I hardly ever see him smile genuinely. If there's someone that makes him smile, and makes him happy, it doesn't matter if it's the poorest man on Earth, a wanted criminal, or even the ruler of Hell. As long as Micah's happy."

I was silent, listening to the story. It's times like this that I truly question our actions. Even the humans seem to understand better than we do. What if it really is a matter of love? I shook my head. Duty is duty. I have been tasked with an assignment, and I will do my best to provide results. Besides, there's no way the devil would ever fall in love, right?

The Kingdom of Hell
Lucifer's POV

"Favorite color?"

"... Red? Black?"

"Favorite animal?"

"You know the three headed dog you saw outside?"

"... Favorite food?"

"The souls of the damned." Micah stared at me until I could no longer hold it in, and burst out laughing. He pouted, his cheeks turning red and puffing out. Adorable, really.

"If you aren't going to play the game seriously, I'm going to find something else to do." I pulled him back into my arms, nestling him into my chest. In an attempt to learn about each other, Azazel suggested we ask one another various questions, each giving an honest answer in return.

It seemed silly but, because of this, I finally knew something about my prospective bride. For example, his favorite color is blue, he loves dogs, he's eighteen, and he is only five foot three. Though he was small, I felt it added to his cute appearance, and severely offset my own dark and dangerous appearance.

His small form seemed lost in my arms, as well as the fabric of my clothes. For a moment, I assumed he had disappeared, until he came surfacing back up and gasping.

I chuckled, leaning against him. "You're... Going to... Squish... Me!" He pulled away, leaving me cold and alone. His eyes darted around, his embarrassed face turning back once no one had been seen. Then, he leaned back into me, settling his face in my chest.

It was a new gesture to me, having never had a bride or any sort of lover before. I almost wrapped my arms around him when a knock at the door startled us both. "My Lord? Mistress?"

"Micah..." Micah mumbled as Azazel stepped into the room. "Someone's here to see you, in the throne room."

"Okay, Micah wait for me here until-"

"No. He wants to see you both. Someone by the name of Seth."