Prologue

A/N:  I'm sorry for the first chapter being a little short! Sorry!!

I whipped my head back and forth, sobbing, more hysterical each second. The ground was shaking. Photos were showering down from the mirror. Tapes and CDs sprayed out of a rack and onto the floor like playing cards being dealt. I sprang my eyes open as I came out of the trance, while choking and gasping. I looked around me carefully and was relieved that it was finally over. However, the fringe on the bedside lamp swayed slightly.

The poster had curled up in two irregular pieces, top and bottom. Slowly, I lowered my hands from my ears and looked around rather shakily. Oh god, what was that? An earthquake? I thought to myself. I slowly stood up and went out of my room to check up on my family.

“Mom? Dad?” I shouted. Please let them be okay, please.

I walked to my parents’ bedroom and looked for any signs of them. None. Slowly, I could feel the panic building up inside me. Breathe, Jasmine. I looked at the mirror for a brief moment to see how messed up I was. I reached up and brushed my long, dark hair away from my face. The straggly tear-stains and dark circles around my wide brown eyes made me look older than I was. I was five foot six nothing with curves but only showed if I wore tight jeans.

Suddenly, I noticed a dark figure outside of my parent's window. I grabbed the first thing I could get hold of and slowly walked to the front door. My breathing was coming out heavy and thick, as my hand hovers over the door handle. I looked down to see what I was holding. A brush. Smooth, Jasmine. You can really injure a burglar with a small brush. I cursed to myself. But shakily, I gathered my courage, and pressed down on the handle. Hesitantly, I pushed the door open.

I gasped when the dark figure was standing right in front of me and staring with those black eyes. "Hello Jasmine.” he smirked. Before I could scream for help, the man covered my mouth and I started to feel dizzy and sleepy. I tried to keep myself awake and get away from the man, but my eyelids felt heavier each second that passed by and then everything went black.