Tòiseachadh

Born: 11th December 1959

        ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Minerva McGonagall never expected to be a mother. After breaking her own heart by calling off her marriage to a muggle, she saved her tears until she was alone and didn't show her family how much it had hurt her. However she found out she was carrying a child all too late. Minerva quickly fled her parents' home and only told them what had happened a few months later.

The baby girl was born with Minerva's dark hair but it was hinted with red from her father. From a very early age, she showed signs of magic and Minerva decided to name her after Carina Isobel, after Minerva's own grandmother and mother.

By the age of three, Carina had rather strong magic. Her powers kept her mother on her feet at all times. Similarly to Minerva at that age, Carina demonstrated a strong bond with cats. It highly amused the girl to see her mother turn into a tabby. However, Carina seemed to prefer the company of her feline friends or being alone to being around children her own age.

Minerva attempted to coax Carina into attending a muggle primary school when she turned five. That didn't last very long. Carina was mocked by the other children for her tall skinny frame and her slightly older way of thinking. Eventually, Minerva gave up and home-schooled the girl whenever she could. Because of her job, Minerva couldn't always look after Carina but she kept a cat to accompany her and keep her out of mischief. Quite often, Minerva would come home to find Carina reading aloud to the cat, not simple children's picture books but full length novels. The books would then be back on their shelves once the young girl had gone to bed, before Minerva even got back to the living room of their cottage from tucking her into bed.

It wasn't until Carina was seven that Minerva plucked up the courage to introduce her to her grandparents. Minerva was nervous the entire journey, which didn't happen often, and couldn't keep her hands from shaking. She was scared her parents would be mad or disappointed in her. But they welcomed her back with open arms. Minerva was reunited with her younger brothers, both of whom were now married. Malcolm was married to Lucy, a seamstress who worked in a shop in Diagon Alley that used to belong to her mother. They had three children, all boys. The older ones were twins, who were a year older than Carina and the other one was a bit over a year younger. Robert Jr had met his wife at one of his friend's weddings in Ireland. Her name was Caoimhe and they had a baby girl of their own. Caoimhe was pregnant again. Soon the whole family began meeting up every week for a roast lunch and a catch up on all the years they'd missed out on together.

When Carina was nine, her grandfather, Robert Sr, passed away. Carina had came downstairs to find her mother clutching a letter with tears running down her cheeks. Quickly, Carina scanned over the letter with her eyes and immediately wrapped her arms around her mother. The girl and her mother sat in the living room for hours, just holding each other and crying.

The funeral was quiet, with only a few family members and close friends of Robert's. After the burial, they went back to Grandma Isobel's house and, whilst they ate, everyone shared tales of Grandpa Robert and his funny ways. It was heartbreaking for Minerva to see her little nieces and nephews not understanding what was going on. Of course the children's parents were gentle in explaining to them that Grandpa had left for a while and they would see him again but not for some time. Grandma Isobel changed after that. She was less of her fiery self and even her hair began to turn white. However, finding her grandchildren sitting by the graveside telling their grandfather what had happened in their lives since his death a few months later made Isobel more of her usual self. Isobel spent even more time with her children and grandchildren and it made Minerva happy too.

When Carina turned ten, Minerva finally understood what she had been told about how fast children grow up. She couldn't believe it. Malcolm's twins had started Hogwarts and Minerva was unsure of how to feel when her own daughter's letter came. However, it was almost time.

        ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧