Chapter 21 - Uncertainty

Lucy's P.O.V

''Na-Natsu?'' I stuttered to see Natsu standing right in front of me. ''Were you following me?'' I added, which made his eyes gape a little bit.

''N-no. It's not what you think.'' He panickingly said. ''You see..um..'' he seemed unsure of his thoughts and averted his gaze.

''Hmm?'' as I raised an eyebrow. He again turned his attention to me and spoke.

''I-I got surprised that of all the people who could have said those things to me, it would be you.'' I didn't quite understand where he was coming from and raised my eyebrows even higher.

''Uh..I mean I'm here to find (Y/N) too.'' he said, or it would be more accurate to say that he almost whispered his sentence.

I couldn't help, but smile. He looked at me badly, but I laughed in return.

''What's funny?'' as he sounded annoyed.

''Nothing. I'm just glad that you're willing to help find (Y/N) now.'' as I giggled a bit.

''Well..I thank you for slapping me with the truth.'' he responded as he smiled.

'If it weren't for (Y/N), maybe I could have fallen for your smile' as it soon registered what I've just said to myself.

Wait, what? Did I just really say that? No no no. Lucy snap out of it!

Natsu looked at me confused as to why I was slapping myself. ''Something wrong? Why're you slapping yourself?'' he asked me with the ''concerned'' look on his face.

'He looks cute worrying like that.' I whispered to myself.

Okay. This is getting out of hand.

''Nothing. I just thought of where we could find leads about (Y/N).'' I said trying to stray from ''that'' topic.

''Did you talk with the old lady?'' Natsu asked and I gave a nod as response.

''Did she know where (Y/N) went?''

''Unfortunately, she doesn't know here he went.'' Natsu's face frowned as soon as I said that.

''That's too bad..'' he said averting his gaze. ''So, where do we find him?'' he asked me.

''Well, why don't we start by asking around town if they saw him recently? That seems to be a good start.'' I said which he quickly agreed with.

We went around town asking for his whereabouts of (Y/N). Most of them responded that they haven't seen or heard about him. We searched pretty much every place here in Magnolia.

We searched.

and Searched.

and Searched.

Some of the people we asked told us that he was seen running around on the rain the day the old lady forced him to leave the apartment. But, that information wasn't enough to help us.

The sun was starting to set, but we didn't notice that and went finding more clues about him. At the end, the results disappointed us.

We had no clue as to where (Y/N) is. Natsu and I sat down by the fountain in the center of the plaza. We both sighed out with both exhaustion and frustration.

''If this keeps up, we might never even find him.'' I said in a dismayed tone.

Natsu only looked at the sunset feeling the same as I do. Frustration.

''We can't stop now. We need to find him.'' Natsu said with no expression.

''Don't worry, we will.'' I said, but will we really find him?

The surrounding became solemn for a moment, but from afar you could hear someone calling out Natsu and my name.

''Natsu! Lucy!'' we both looked around to know where the voice was coming from, but we couldn't see anything apart from people passing by.

''Natsu! Lucy!'' the calling got louder and louder. The water in the fountain suddenly splashed upwards as something fell from the sky.

''Ack!'' I screamed in shock and as I felt the cold water touching my skin.

''What was that?!'' Natsu exclaimed. A cat was looking at us when we turned around to look at the water at the fountain.

''NATSU! LUCY!'' Happy yelled. We both closed his mouth with our hands.

''YOU DON'T HAVE TO SCREAM, HAPPY!'' Natsu imitated how loud Happy's voice was.

''WE'RE NOT DEAF'' I added, also imitating the loud voice of Happy.

We all calmed down and Happy gave out a big sigh before he spoke.

''Master left me a message to deliver to you guys.'' Happy started which we only listened to and not reacted at once.

''He said that you might find him in the apartment where Lucy was kidnapped, and if we're lucky. We might even find evidences in Sabertooth Guild.'' Happy explained, but I didn't quite get the last part.

''Sabertooth Guild?'' I said confusingly.

''While you were unconscious, (Y/N) attacked Sabertooth Guild..'' as Happy explained what occured in those moments.

''I see.'' as I kinda understood the whole situation while I was out. A lot of questions popped into my mind, but I decided that it would be best to just put them off at the moment, since I think it wouldn't help at all.

I looked at Natsu, who was also staring at me. ''So our next stop is 'that' apartment?'' he asked.

''I guess.'' I said unsure.

For some reason, something tells me that we would our answers in the apartment.

I just have a feeling..

Third Person P.O.V

Someone entered the room to where 'he' was currently in.

''Everything's going under your plan, Master.'' it said which made the intimidating individual give out a eerie smile.

''If that's the case we should prepare. We don't want to disappoint them.'' It replied.

''Yes, Master.''

The intimidating individual's eerie smile became more sinister than it already was.

''Soon, Fairy Tail. Soon.''

______________________________________________________________________

Give this chapter a vote and follow me if you haven't!

Happy Reading!🍷

- Junho