Nightmares Come True

Oh'Rian had just come in with two water bottles this time and we had been experimenting if I could make a cloud when I saw them.

Coal and Steel. They had weird white bracelets on that looked like the white glass stuff. Shylock followed behind them and waved at me without turning his head to look. I dropped the bubble of water above Oh'Rian.

"Hey!" She exclaimed laughing, soaking wet. "You almost had it."

"Get me out of here. Now." I say forcefully.

She looks at me, "Tide you know I can't do that. Oh, it's not you, just, I can't-"

"Those were my friends. Steel and Coal." I snap. "Get. Me. Out."

"Steel?"

"Yes. The government took my friends. Let me out!" I shout.

Oh'Rian looks stricken by my outburst. "Oh-I- Fine." She says and heads to the door. I follow her, lifting the water off her. She opens the door and I step out closing it. I freeze the door.

"The security camera is off," I tell her. "If anyone asks, I forced you to open the door, and then locked you in."

She smiles sadly at me. "And how is that different from what actually happened?"

I smile back at her and dash out into the hall. Shylock is just disappearing around the corner. I sprint down after them. I round the turn, and launch myself at Shylock. He goes down and I snatch the key from his hand.

"Coal!" I shout and toss it to him.

I whip around and face the other two men. One lunges at me. I duck and kick his knee. I roll under the other guy and stand up behind him.I throw the water at him and right when it's on his chest, I freeze it. He topples over from the weight and I jump off him to side kick Shylock, who's getting up. I slam into him. Keeping my foot on his throat, I snarl at him,

"The only reason I am not shredding you is because it would stain your wonderful walls." I motion to Coal and Steel. "Move it!"

We dash through the halls. We hit an intersection, and I pause for a second.

"Left." Steel says and I don't question. He had to have been able to get this far right?

I follow Steel until we enter a garage. It's like a huge cavern. Our breathing echoes off the walls.

"There's a door at the end of the tunnel," Coal says, "There has to be a control system down here to open it."

I run over to a boxy room. Splitting the wood door with the last little bits of water, I bust in. There's a control panel with thousands of buttons. Who has the time to memorize what these do?

I start to randomly press them. One closes off the door connecting the garage to the rest of the facility. Totally meant to do that. Finally, I hear the creaking of a door opening from the tunnel. "Go!"

We race up the tunnel and out into the night air. I glance behind me and see that the door is disguised as part of the scenery.

"Over here." I duck into a shrub just behind the hinges of the door.

Coal and Steel follow me, though it seems like bad place to hide. After a minute, the entire facility is rushing out with cars and trucks and tranquilizers.

"Find them!" Shylock bellows, the effect ruined by his bleeding nose. Oh did I do that? Whoops.

They disperse off in all directions along the road. After the last team heads out to search for us, I move back into the woods in the other direction.