Making Plans

"That was awful." Remus whispered out when the silence of the room got too much for him.

            "But beautiful." Narcissa added quietly as she wiped the last bits of tears from her eyes.

            The quartet and Draco looked at Narcissa in horrified confusion. How could any of Harry's death be beautiful? Had they seen some other memory? Did Harry give them the wrong one? Draco was questioning his mother's sanity.

            "No she is right." Lucius added once he saw the way his son was staring. Draco turned his incredulous gaze to his father. It was one thing for his mother to see odd things like beauty in death but now his father too? That settled it, Harry must have given them the wrong memory by mistake.

            Harry just stared at them slightly lost. Maybe it was a pureblood thing to see beauty in odd things. None of what he had gone through felt beautiful. The Malfoys were just eccentric, he supposed.

            "Not his death." Narcissa said in frustration. Honestly, did they think her that cold? "It was the way that even in your last few breaths you were calling out your love of Noah." She said in a slightly reverent tone.

            Everyone turned to gaze at Harry, who flushed and looked down. Draco swallowed heavily before sending all the love and reassurance that he could to Harry. Merlin, he loved this man.

            "Aww." Pansy and Blaise both said, Blaise squeezing Fred's hand tightly, while Pansy clutched at her heart. The emotions that the simple statement brought them seemed too much. They hadn't even witnessed the death but it was already too much to handle. To think that Ethan had spent his last moments on earth thinking about Noah was just so achingly sweet and bitterly crushing that it touched everyone in the room.

            "Did you guys recognize anything? Like the chanting or parts of the ritual?" Harry asked in part curiosity and part to change the conversation.

            Remus shook his head, none of that looked particularly familiar. Although the runes were odd choices if he had to say so himself. He figured that such a dark ritual would have involved more drastic things. Certain ones like speim, ante and dera made no sense to him. Why would they want that on a sacrificial alter?

            "Some of the ritual is similar to other dark rituals but there are some areas that it differs. I can check with the books here and contact some associates to see if they know anything. I won't bring up the actual ritual or the Flamels." Lucius added quickly when it looked like Harry was going to panic.

            Harry sighed in relief. The last thing that they needed was for the Flamels to catch wind of their research because someone wasn't careful who they talked to.

            "Some of the runes were recognizable to me but I am not a runes expert like Remus is." Severus piped up. Everyone turned to look at them in surprise. Remus was looking at Severus in confusion. Just because he was interested in runes as a hobby didn't meant that he was an expert.

            Everyone else was surprised at the use of a first name. Draco shot the quartet smug looks. He knew something was going on with them. Blaise rolled his eyes and Pansy stuck her tongue out at him. The twins hadn't even noticed, they were too busy staring at Severus as if he had just announced that he was going to retire and become a circus performer.

            "I didn't know you were a runes expert!" Harry said in fascination. Geez why he is he the last to know things?

            Remus smiled softly. "I'm not. I just like to explore runes in my spare time." He said looking at Severus curiously.