19 My Brother's Beta

19 My Brother’s Beta

Hey guys :) thanks for all the appreciative comments on the last chapter… I know you guys must hate me for how long a wait my uploads have been lately, but I’m now back from camping, so I’ll do as best as I can XD

P.S. For those of you who want Beth to kill Maddy it wolf form: although I’d LOVE to kill off that mother trucker, beth can’t go after her or tell the police without having to tell them what Madddy was blackmailing her for. And that means Kyle finding out about her and Aaron…

…Everything will be a bit more clear by the end of this.

Chapter Nineteen

Here are the three most painful things I’ve ever been through:

-       Shifting, obviously.

-       Breaking my arm in the fourth grade

-       Eating lunch with Madison

Maddy was sitting right next to me with a knife pressed against my leg, so that every time I made a snide comment or became not-so-friendly with her, she’d press it against my skin just a little bit harder.

Currently, it had broken the skin, and now she’s twisting it raggedly after I said “Good old times” in a sarcastic voice.

Aaron was on my other side, jaw clenched, eyes filled with pain. At first I thought it was empathy or something, but then I glanced down and saw that he had a huge red mark on his leg in the exact same place that Maddy was cutting me.

Can he feel what I feel?

Crap. It’s fine that she’s hurting me, but it’s another thing to go after my mate.

“I need to go to the… library,” I said, wincing as the knife turned at a sharp angle. “To finish off an assignment.”

“Do you really?” asked Maddy, looking like I really should stay. “Your brother and I were just about to start talking about everything you’ve been doing since you got back.”

I could almost hear her add, including Aaron.

“I really do need to finish the assignment,” I said, standing strong. Aaron looked up at me, full well knowing that if I left, Maddy would spill the beans. I’ve got a plan, I thought.

“Stay, or else,” she whispered so low that I bet only Aaron and myself could hear.

“That’s it!” I screamed, lunging at her. She fell backwards onto the ground, groaning in pain. I could feel how fragile her human body was compared to mine, and I loved it.

Punching her in the nose – for the second time since I’ve seen her – I heard as her new nose job was cracked back out of place. Blood streamed down her face, making some people gasp and some cheer me on.

She tried hitting me back, scratching me, whatever she could manage, but it was no use; my body was too strong. The only place that would really hurt would be the still-healing cut on my leg, but I had her pinned down it such a way that she couldn’t reach it.