Chapter 32

J U N E

I am back to my normal life thanks to a prosthetic leg and 2 months of agonizing therapy following the accident. I also had a lot of interviews with investigators and the police following my kidnapping.

I made up a story.

It's the least I can do for him.

I left him and everyone with him out of it.

I lied for him.

I told them that it was all Raymond's doing and no one else's. I told them about the barn.

But apparently, when they got to the location of the barn, it was burned down with their bodies in it. Police closed the case and they didn't expect that I could've done it since they found evidence that the fire started after I left the barn.

Which brings me to one conclusion... He must have done it.

I eventually went back to school. Everyone crowded me on the first day back. They kept asking me if I was okay, what happened and blah blah blah. And I would tell them all the same thing... I'm fine.

Now I see how celebrities feel when they get bombarded by the damn paparazzi!

Sara and Kelly felt that it was their fault that I got kidnapped because they didn't walk home with me on the day of. I always had to tell them that it wasn't their fault and we would always end up having some sort of a group hug. But of course, they still wouldn't listen! They constantly followed me around like a lost puppy asking all sorts of questions like, "Do you need help with this?" or "Let me get that for you." or "Are you sure you are okay?"

Like seriously!

I'm not an invalid! I can still do things but they wouldn't take no for a freaking answer!

Anyways, I continued school as if nothing happened and I tried to avoid any memories of him.

I also tried to avoid anyone who would ask me about my kidnapping.

As for my leg, well.... let's just say that this fake one worked better than my real one.

I mean honestly!

Don't get me wrong, there are some disadvantages but I'm happy that I'm alive.

The next topic. James.

He has a new girlfriend. Her name is Sabrina and they are so cute together. Of course, when he heard that I was back, he felt kind of bad that he was dating while I was held up in a barn as he heard on the news but I told him it was okay and we were cool.

School for me was a breeze. I maintained my grades. Only God knows how or why.

At home, it was just me and mom, against the whole world.

She redecorated the house and she now has a fling for my Australian English teacher, Mr. Jones. One parent-teacher conference and boom! Sparks started flying between them.

And last but not least, there's my phone.

Mom couldn't find it and I told her that Raymond must've gotten rid of it.