"What the Hell Happened Here?" // Adam

"Hey, you left your-" Adam paused, stepping into my apartment. Seeing as the door was already wide open.

"What the hell happened here?" His voice cautious as he stepped in further. It was then I was able to pull my attention from the disaster that was my apartment. His eyes scanning over all my belongings littered everywhere, some pieces of furniture knocked over. My coat in his hand.

"I don't, I ... oh no" my heart sinking as I noticed a photo of my mom and I was on the floor. I picked it up carefully noticing the glass had been shattered. My whole world, everything I hold dear, my memories and collectibles scattered and broken everywhere.

"Are you okay?" His tone strong, while his hand a comforting gesture on my lower back. It was then I noticed how much I was trembling.

"Do you mind?" He asked, reaching to take the frame. Reluctantly letting him take it I watched as he moved the tabs on the back and took the picture out. Handing it to me with a soft smile. Placing the now empty frame on the coffee table he turned his attention back to me. A moment of silence falling over us.

"I just really want to get out of here. I feel like I'm being watched. Can we go? Please? " I said feeling my eyes begin to pinch. I'd never felt so violated and it terrified me. Who could've done this? Why? What did I have worth anything?

"Here," he held my coat open for me to slip into.

"Do you need to grab anything? Do you know what was taken?" He asked, his eyes glued to me yet I couldn't look away from the huge chip in the door frame. Most likely from when the door had been kicked in. Following my gaze, he turned back to me and took my hand in his.

"Never mind, you can use my stuff." He said as we left the apartment. Pausing in the hall, he shut the door behind him. It didn't stay closed but it was better than hanging wide open. The ride to his place was quiet. His presence was comforting yet the pit in my stomach was stubborn and wouldn't go away. I fidgeted with my nails the entire way up to his apartment.

"Sorry it's kind of a mess." He said opening the door. Unsure if he was trying to be funny I just stared at him. He caught himself immediately.

"I'm sorry I didn't-" he tried, as I noticed he locked the door. Did it even matter?

"It's fine." I persisted, moving my arms to hug myself.

"Come here." He pulled me into a hug and I broke down. My body racking as I couldn't contain the force of my sobbing. Adam said nothing as he rubbed my back, letting me cry into his shoulder.

"I'm scared." I whispered, unable to get my voice any higher. His grip tightened and I felt secure for a moment.

"What if they come back? What if they didn't find what they wanted?" He moved so I was at arms length looking into his beautiful eyes. His face firm and serious yet soothing and gentle.

"We will sort everything out in the morning. We'll find who did this. For now you're safe. Im won't let anything happen to you, I mean it." He pulled me back into a tight hug. We stood there for a moment before he showed me where everything was. Bathroom, towels, clean clothes, etc. I showered and changed into the clothes he'd laid out for me. Noticing he had folded my stuff and lay the photo of my mom and I atop the pile.

"Hey.." his voice soft from the doorway. Just giving him a soft smile I noticed he'd changed from his jeans into sweat pants.

"I have to make a call, but you're more than welcome to get some sleep." He motioned to his bed. My eyes furrowing and he caught it.

"I'm gonna take the couch." He pointed behind him. Giving me a soft smile, he pushed himself from the door way and disappeared. Maybe some sleep would clear my head, so I did as told and got in. His sheets smelled like him. It was like enveloping in a warm, cocoon. I felt safe for a moment. Trying to close my eyes I could hear him on the phone. The distance made me nervous all of a sudden. I was vulnerable and the pit in my stomach had returned making me get out of the bed. 

"She's okay, shaken up but you should've seen the place." I heard him say as I made my way down the hall.

"Not yet, I don't know, I figured we'll call tomorrow. Let her rest, get her mind right first." He spoke into his cellphone, standing in the middle of his kitchen. Spinning around fast upon noticing me he cut his conversation short.

"Let me go. I'll see you tomorrow." He hung up and made his was over to me. I couldn't care less who he was talking to, I just didn't want to be alone.

"What's up?" He asked, ready to get me whatever I needed.

"I just, can, can you sleep in your bed?" It sounded weird coming out but he knew what I meant. A tiny smile formed on his lip. Setting his phone to charge on the counter before taking my hand.

"C'mon," he guided me back into his room.
He let go of my hand so we could climb into the bed.  The room was quiet as we both got settled. My back to him, feeling silly suddenly for asking him to stay with me. Embarrassed if you will. Yet without being told he pulled me to him.

"Thank you, Adam." I whispered, moving to kiss his cheek. Turning over fully I settled against his chest.

"Don't mention it. You're safe, love. Get some sleep." He kissed the top of my head and like magic I was out.

A/N:
I got a little carried away with this one. Whoops xo