Day Two

Sadie's Point Of View

"I'm an antisocial maniac, and you are?"

We walk outside into the daylight. Even before I got in this mental house, I never enjoyed the sunlight. And today was a sunny day.

I walked over to a small area in the courtyard, I sat at a picnic bench under a tree and took out a notebook, beginning to sketch a picture of the trees and scenery. Drawing was just about the only thing I could do in this place. It's not like at home, where I could play with anything I wanted to.

Someone walked over to me, I could feel their presence. I really hope it's not Jack. That kid scares me. And harasses me. I look up to find Millie Bobby Brown. I've had a crush on her since she came here.

"Hey Sadie," She says.

"Oh, h-hi Millie." I stutter.

"Mind if I sit?" She questions, as she points to the bench next to me.

"Oh! S-sure." I say and move over to give her room to sit.

Millie smiles and sits down next to me.

"Whatcha drawing?" She asks.

"Oh, uh, j-just some t-trees and stuff." I show her the drawing.

"Oh my god, Sadie! That's amazing!" She says.

"T-thank y-you." I stutter looking down at my feet.

Millie looks at the tree behind us in wonder.

"W-why did y-you-"

"You looked lonely." She quickly cuts me off.

"You know Millie, there's a difference between lonely and alone," I say with a sudden boost of confidence.

I was surprised at this confidence, I'm never confident around people, specifically around Millie.

"I know, and you looked lonely and alone." 

I look back down at my drawing.

"Look, Sadie, I know you're not really one for friendships, but I was wondering, do you want to be friends?" She asks, then looks down, at her lap.

I never wanted friends growing up. I never liked people, ever. Not even my own parents. I felt weird around Millie like there was a spark inside of me. I never felt it before, or near anyone else. It's like she brought a whole new person out from under a rock.

"Sure."

A/n: very short chapter, but the ending fit. ~lo