Too Late - Castiel x reader

"Cas, wake up. Please. Cas, don't do this."

I met Castiel on a muggy day in mid March. The boys were showing me around their bunker when he appeared out of nowhere. So of course I stabbed him, thinking he was a demon. Long story short, angels get pissed off when you stab them.

"(Y/N), it's too late."

We went on many dates. Cas took me to this really nice field in Italy that was filled with flowers. Sometimes we would see wild horses. Or butterflies. He knew I loved butterflies.

"You don't know what you're talking about. He'll be fine."

For our one year anniversary, Cas took me to this amusement park near Lebanon. Well, more like I took him around the park. He's so naive sometimes that it almost hurts. We ate lots of cotton candy and funnel cake. I love funnel cake. I ate so much I got sick and he had to take me home. It ended up that I had food poisoning from a corndog instead. Cas held my hair while I emptied my stomach. He is such a good boyfriend. A good man.

"We have to go! Come on! Do you wanna get killed?"

Castiel is always so patient with me. He helps me do a lot of things I have trouble with, even when I yell at him because I'm frustrated. I shouldn't yell at him. He's so kind. On cases, he always makes sure I'm safe. Even if he has to put himself in danger. He risks everything for me. He risks everything for me. He risks everything for me.

"I'm not going to leave him! He's going to be okay!"

Cas knows all my worst fears. He always listens and holds me to his chest. He holds my hand to his heart and tells me that I'm safe as long as I can feel his heartbeat. He says I'm safe as long as I have him to hold. As long as he has me. Cas would be good at writing vows.

"Baby, please. Baby, I can't do this without you."

We have big plans for our wedding. He and I went out to look at dresses for a case one time, and we saw the prettiest wedding dress in one of the windows. It's too bad neither the boys or I can afford a wedding. Weddings are expensive. Castiel still hasn't proposed, but he's just waiting for the right time.

"He's still breathing. He's going to be fine. Dean, he's going to be fine!"

Love makes people act weird. I know I first knew I loved Castiel when he smiled at me for the first time. He rarely smiled back then, and I knew that it was special and rare. He smiles a lot these days. Things are better now. He had to deal with the trouble that all of the angels brought him for a while, but now he gets to relax at home with me and the boys. He gets to sit with us all day and read lore and search for cases online. Castiel makes me so happy.

"(Y/N), he won't make it to the impala! It's hopeless. We need to call Crowley if we want any hope of Cas surviving. Now come on!"

My heart stopped last night. My heart stopped beating when we tried to fight the good fight and lost. Life had other plans for Cas. And apparently I wasn't a part of them. So now I'm left with this hole in my heart. And in my head. And a deep, burning cut along my side.

Sam is trying to stitch me up, but I know I might as well ask for forgiveness, because we don't have special angel magic anymore. If you're dead, you're dead. There's nothing there that can bring me back except a demon deal. And the boys don't love me enough to be that stupid. Or they're not that stupid. I'm skeptical of the latter.

I miss my love and wish to return. For tis thee that strikes the flint that is passion into my steel heart. Sparks fly. It feels like magic. Our love was magic. Our love is magic.

I'll be with Cas again soon. He loves me, so he will be with me in my place of eternal rest. I will see him every day. He can show me his favorite heavens. He can love me forever now. We may never be married, but I know he'll be there for me when I need him.

"(Y/N), I know this hurts, but you need to stay still," Sam releases angrily, stitching up my side. I am bleeding out fast and he is frustrated he can't do anything. I am going to miss Sam more than anyone else alive. Dean was nice, but Sam was sweet. He has a pure soul. Well, when it's there.

"Sam, I'm fine. I can't feel anything below my waist anyway," I joke seriously. My body is slowly cutting itself off. I am running low on my blood supply. I can feel my veins practically giving up.

"No, no, no. This can't happen. (Y/N), you just gotta hold on, okay? Just hold on. I can help you. I just need more time. Dammit, where is Crowley when you need him?" He growls out desperately, pacing in front of me. There is nothing left he can do.

"Sam," I whisper.

"Yes?" He asks sadly, knowing what is coming.

"Don't do anything stupid, kiddo. Dean can't take another heartbreak. He'll always sell his soul to bring you back. No matter what. Remember that before you go on a suicide case. Like last night," I smile.

He smiles, tears coming to his eyes. And then it all fades away. His mouth opens and he says something else to me, but I can't hear it. I watch him places his head on my chest and cry as he tells me something, but then he pulls back and looks at my face. He can see that I'm gone, and he starts sobbing into the side of the bed.

And then, the next thing I know, my reaper has delivered me at my destination. I'm here. Heaven, the golden gate city. And there my angel sits on the front porch of my childhood home.