Chapter 9

Kingdom of Hell
Lucifer's POV

Micah shot out of my arms, racing down the hall to the throne room. I followed quickly behind, fuming slightly as I wondered who this 'Seth' is and what his relationship with Micah was.

When I arrived in the throne room, Micah had thrown himself into the arms of another man, both of them laughing. I could only glare when a cough made me look up, noticing the man beside them.

"So, Airick, what exactly are you planning, coming here?" Everyone in the room went silent as I spoke, my voice dark and on edge. "You of all people - er, demons - should understand why I'm here. I've come for Micah." My possessiveness was shooting down his words immediately, but I was silent. "And... Why exactly do you want my future bride?" I glanced at Micah, his eyes wide and fearful as the 'Seth' person ran his hands through Micah's hair, attempting to soothe him.

Micah continued to watch me as I listened to Airick's words. "You mean you don't know? Well, I suppose if I'm taking your lover, the least I can do is tell you why." He cleared his throat and I groaned. Angels, always so formal and by-the-book. He plans on reciting the exact letter he received for the mission.

"'It is hereby announced that Lucifer, or Satan, if you will, has taken a lover. Because of this, it has been decided that you, Airick, shall journey to Hell and claim the human. We cannot have the two worlds forming any alliances, nor can we have Lucifer gain any sort of power through the marriage. As is the word of God.'"

Airick finished reading, putting the letter he held back into it's dimensional pocket. After that he turned to Micah and Seth, a slight tint of red on his cheeks. Looks like Blondie has the hots for this guy... Convenient... Airick held out his hand to Micah. "I am to ask that you accompany me to Heaven and, as the ruling goes, you may or may not be allowed to return to Earth."

"Yes, because telling him he 'may or may not' be banned from his home world will make him want to go with you." I cut in, my voice full of malice. Azazel and Airick shot me a glare. Birds of a feather... "My Lord, the choice is not yours to make." I swallowed, my anger disappearing and being replaced with fear. Would I lose Micah? The one person I'd come to love?

My pleading eyes turned to the small boy, his attention on Seth. They held a brief conversation, until Micah finally turned to Airick. "I don't want to go!" He declared. "What?!" Airick exclaimed. He gave an exasperated sigh, rubbing his temple. "I swear, you brothers are both the same..." He muttered. "And, why not?"

"Because I don't want to," Micah stated. "I want to stay with Lucifer. In Hell." The room fell silent as Airick mulled this over. "Hell over Heaven. I'll be damned."

"Technically, you're an angel; you can't be damned," Seth added to the conversation.

Airick huffed, turning on his heel. With a final glare, he disappeared. "There goes my ride..." Muttered Seth. "Thought we were in this together!!" He waved a fist at the air, causing Micah to laugh. "You can stay here, until he comes back," offered Micah. "What makes you think he's coming back?"

"He's just confused, leave him be. No one he's ever met would think twice before going to Heaven. Granted, he hasn't met many humans before. He only just started taking missions," explained Azazel. We all chuckled.

I moved closer to Micah, pulling him away from Seth and into my arms. "Now that Airick is gone," I spoke slowly. "Care to tell me who you are and what your relationship with Micah is?"

Seth eyed me carefully, watching Micah turn beet red in my embrace. "Hello, Jealousy, my name is Seth. Micah's my little brother." Micah buried his face in my chest as embarrassment ran through me. "Brother?" Seth nodded, and Micah confirmed as well.

Azazel burst out laughing, his face blushed red as his eyes watered. Micah buried himself further into my clothes, as if hoping to escape. Seth joined in with Azazel while I held Micah closer, quite possibly to hide my own embarrassment.

Micah had begged me to let Seth stay with us for a while and, though I was reluctant to agree, he was given his own room in the castle.

"It was nice of you to let him stay." said Micah as we lay in bed. "Yes, well, he'll be going back soon, right? I'm sure Airick will be coming to get him anytime soon." Micah chuckled. "I suppose. Or maybe he's just going to let Seth stay here?"

"Trust me, if he lets Seth stay here, I'll personally drag him down here to pick him up."