Chapter 12: Secrets

Joshua having his humor, he began taking pictures of Rachel Pemberton covered in Aaron's blood as the cafeteria continued to gasp in fear. Devin ran to a trash can, leaning over in it, releasing massive amounts of vomit. Caleb was eyes-wide, yet didn't seem as surprised as everyone else was.

The school security ran to Rachel, pulling her off the stage rapidly. Principle Hendricks closed the stage curtains, trying to calm down the cafeteria.

"Everyone calm down!" Principle Hendricks yelled over the microphone as the cafeteria proceeded to chatter.

School security rushed all the students out the cafeteria, canceling school for the day. I wasn't complaining. Joshua asked if he could come over my place after school. "Sure." I said, feeling suspicious of him.

Joshua insisted that Devin tag along. "Devin, you should come with us." Devin replied with a stern look, "Fine." We headed to my house. I opened my front door, seeing my mother preparing dinner in the kitchen. "Hey, Sweetheart. Who's your friends?" My mother said, smiling, since she saw two boys beside me. I sighed, "I'm going upstairs, mom."

I closed my room door behind me, now Devin and Joshua in my room with me, alone. Joshua immediately began snapping pictures of my room. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Taking pictures." Joshua replied as flashes emerged from his camera lens.

Joshua became weird, taking pictures of family photos. Joshua's eye caught the sight of a photo of me and William beside each other, smiling. I missed William so much.

Devin looked confused, staring at the photo of me and William. "There's something behind the photo." Joshua stopped taking photos, seeming puzzled as well. "Yeah, there is!"

I walked up to the photo, removing the photo from the frame, showing a white paper slip that crept on the outskirts of the picture. I read the paper slip.

You must find them in the dark deepness,

What will you find? Aaron's secrets.

Joshua peaked over, snapping a photo at the paper slip. "Do you mind?" I said aggressively. "Who's Aaron?" Joshua asked. Joshua stood there for a bit, "Oh, that kid who went missing a few days ago?" I gave Joshua a spilt second death stare. I couldn't do this alone, I needed help. But, I wasn't going to tell them what I needed help. "Devin, can you come with me to Aaron's house?" Devin sighed, "Sure."

"Oh, can I come?" Joshua asked even though he knew I'd say no, but I wasn't going to ditch him. "I guess." I replied.

We walked over to Aaron's house, knocking on his door. His father answered. "Can I help you?"

Joshua took out his camera, flashing Aaron's father in the face with a high brightness. Aaron's father groaned, "What do you kids want?"

"We wanted to ask you a few questions about Aaron. I was his friend."

"What questions?"

"Did Aaron have any secrets in particular? Maybe, something he was hiding?"

"Why are you asking me this?"

I lied to get answers, even though I knew it was wrong. "We may know what happened to Aaron."

"Listen, the only secrets I know of... Every Tuesday... he'd disappear. He'd come the next day, not telling me where he was." Aaron's father said. I found that interesting, but my thought were interrupted by a ding that went off on my phone.

Unknown: You're being timed on these treasure hunts, Crystal.

Me: Why?

Unknown: Because it makes my side of the game more fun.

Me: In the end, I'll win the game.

Unknown: We'll see.

Me: No matter what happens... I win.

"Sorry, I have to get going. My father will kill me if I'm not home for dinner." I said as Joshua and Devin followed me.

"Where are you going?" Joshua asked.

"Home," I replied.

I walked home alone, leaving Joshua and Devin to themselves. I didn't know what to think or what Aaron was hiding before I killed him. All I knew was I'd find out soon or later.

I approached my home, seeing a bright light. I saw ambulances and police officers outside my home. I came closer, viewing my mother wiping her tears as my father had been carried into an ambulance. Half of my home was burnt down and the other half was full of bullet holes.

I ran to my mother, "Mom, What's wrong? What happened?" I asked.

"Someone took Jason." My mother replied.

A ding went off.

Unknown: No, Crystal. I win.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4/17/17

Thanks for reading Chapter Twelve of 'The Day I Became a Serial Killer'. I'd really appreciate some feedback in the comments, as well as a book vote if you enjoyed the twelfth chapter. Thanks for reading, Wattpaders! Chapter Thirteen is out now!