five | phil

Martyn was gonna kill him. Not literally, his bother never laid a finger on him, but he was going to he very upset with the turn of events that just happened. He did tell him he had somewhere to be after school, but he also did promise him he would come back before eight-thirty. He ended up falling asleep on Dan's bed. It seems Dan didn't wanna be rude so he hadn't bothered waking him up, his not necessarily mad at Dan but he should have woken him up. He was heaving when he finally got to his front door. He had sprinted all the way from Dan's house to his if he wanted to make it home before school started. He hesitantly reached out to the knob, turning it very slowly. He knew no matter how hard he wished Martyn wasn't up, he knew he would be. Sure enough the first thing he was greeted with was a grumpy looking Martyn and a sleepy Sarah. "Phil. It's 12:00 o'clock midnight, I have work in five hours, where the hell have you been?" Phil just looked down at his shoes, Martyn had to know he wouldn't answer. Even if he did want to what would he tell him? He fell asleep in his partners bed? Not gonna happen. "It's been hard since Cornelia left Phil, and I need your help taking care of Sarah." Phil took one of his dry erase boards he had on the coffee table and wrote down sorry. Martyn sighed. "Yeah, I know Phil, just go back to bed you have school tomorrow." He handed Sarah, his niece, to Phil to put her to bed. Once she was laid down in their room and fast asleep Phil went out of the room to look for something to eat in the fridge. "Hey, Phil." Phil peeked his head out the fridge at Martyn. "I'm really glad you're making friend's, try to be happy here, okay kiddo?" Phil gave him a small smile before rummaging through the fridge once again. Once he heard the door to his brothers bedroom close he went back to his room. He carefully closed the door so he wouldn't wake up Sarah, it was a bit weird sharing a room with his young niece, he didn't mind though. The only downside was that he had to extra quiet when coming in and out of his room during nights. She couldn't share a room with his brother because Martyn had to get up early in the mornings to get ready for work and he didn't want to risk waking her up. Especially when she had school the next day. She couldn't get her own room because their apartment was too small. Living room, kitchen, bathroom, and two bedrooms. You could see the whole apartment right when you walked through the door. Phil lazily kicked off his shoes and flopped on his bed falling into a deep sleep.

His morning was pretty eventful. He had over slept which meant that Sarah would have to eat some sort of fruit on their walked to school. It also meant he would be late to class tomorrow if he didn't run all the way to Sarah's school, which was exactly what he did.

"Phil, slow down!" Sarah cried.

After that he tried to slow down to what would almost be a jog if he wasn't moving so bloody fast. When they got to the entrance of Sarah's school he quickly put her down and gave her a high five before running in the opposite direction to his highschool.
______________________________________

He was heaving by the time he got in the school and to his locker. His locker was right next to Louise's so unfortunately he had first class tickets to the Louise and Zoe show, which was just them arguing about everything till they entered the classroom. They usually wouldn't want to be around each other and keep there distance, but since they were partners for the big all year project it was kinda mandatory they be together. 

"You're so self centered you know that right?"

"That's rich coming from you, that really is."

When Louise saw Phil approached she sighed in relief and called out to him. "Phil, you're here great, how's your morning been?" He gave her a smile and a thumbs up even if his morning had been worthy of a thumbs down, he didn't want to worry her little head. "Hey Phil." Phil smiles and waved at Zoe, even if it ticked Louise off. He didn't know why but Louise didn't what Phil anywhere near Zoe. He thinks it is just because she doesn't like her, but it could something more maybe? Phil didn't know and he wasn't in a rush to find out. He was kinda excited to see Dan again. He genuinely liked Dan, he was like lucky that he didn't get out with some asshole who would be rude to Phil just because he didn't talk. He was glad Louise understood, even Zoe did too. She seemed like a well enough girl and hadn't done anything to Phil. Perhaps if she and Louise get over their past they could become friends. The bell rang and of course the girls began to fight over who's fault it was that they would be late to class.
______________________________________

Phil was disappointed. Dan hadn't come to class today. It was their third day in class for crying out loud, how had Dan neglected to come? The first two periods seemed to drag on, he was beginning to wonder if the whole day would be like this. Finally English class came around, he knew it wouldn't be the same without him but he would manage. He didn't want to ruin his and Dan's pass-pass back routine they had going on so he read a book instead. Until the girls thought it would be a great idea to invade his and Dan's table with their loud arguing and obnoxious comments. "Hey Phil, mind if we join you?" Phil did mind, he minded a whole bloody lot, but he didn't want to be rude so he gave Zoe his award winning smile and nodded. Within the whole five seconds that they just sat down at the table they managed to start to argue. Over a sheet of paper. It was gruesome too, they threw nasty comments at each other and he was sure Louise would have smacked Zoe if Miss Marie hadn't yelled at them to quite it. Zoe mumbled something about the bathroom and makeup then walked out the class room. "Sorry Phil, she's a world class asshole, I know." Phil quickly took out the notebook that Louise had given to him so he would be able to communicate with her.

It's fine she's not too bad

Louise rolled her eyes. "Please try spending the whole school day with this girl," she sighed in exasperation. "Phil, I hate to bother you and Dan, I really do, but do you think we could maybe work on the project together tomorrow if Dan comes? Zoe's a real pain when were alone and I need emotional support so please." Phil didn't even hesitate when he said yes. He loved to help him friends, he really did. Even if it meant dealing with teenage girls that had so much tension in the air. Besides, he'll have Dan there, he couldn't wait till tomorrow.