Chapter 1: Black Eyes

A/N: I promise the next chapter will be longer! :) Also a thank you to LuanaVerioniqu for making the banner!

If there's any suggesstions on what I could make the chapters any better, please tell me.

Vote? Comment? Thank you! Now, let's move on to the chapter.

P.S Check out the trailer to the right!!

-------------------

Chapter One

Black Eyes

A day later...

All of a sudden I could hear a loud noise near me that echoed all through the room. Then everything went silent, ominously silent. I opened my eyes and listened closely as I started tocrawl on the cold ground in the dark room. I could remember everything that happened back in my house that night in crystal-clear detail.

The earthquake, missing parents... and then I stopped moving when I remembered the dark figure that came to my house. My eyes grew wide as I realized I was no longer inside my own room, but someone else’s, and that someone, whoever he was, was trying to hurt me.

I shivered at just the thought of someone laying their hands on my body. 

I need to get out of here, and quick! 

As I moved forward, I felt something hard yet soft. I blinked a couple of times to make sure my eyes weren't playing any tricks with me. As I was gazing at those dark black eyes, I quickly stumbled backwards. “Please let me go,” I whispered faintly.

From the corner of my eyes, I could tell he was glaring at me which gave me the creeps. My eyes ran over the rest of his features. His hair was a dark brown in short, messy layers. His cheekbones were sharp and defined. I could tell he was also muscular. I realized it looked like I was checking him out, and I quickly looked away, remembering I still didn't know where I was.

Slowly, he starts to rise from his seat. My body immediately became tense and I watched him as he walked towards me. 

Oh my God. Am I going to die? I didn't even say my goodbyes to my family or friends! 

I shut my eyes tightly.This was it, this was the end. I knew this situation could only get worse from here. So many memories flashed through my mind, of my childhood and my family. 

OH NO, OH NO, OH PLEAS-

"Jasmine, I just want to apologize,” I heard him say, instantly breaking me out of my thoughts. Gaping, I looked up to look at him. He was staring straight ahead, looking at nothing, with a blank expression on his face.

His hands were clasped together, the knuckles turning white. “Look, I didn't mean this to happen,” he mumbled. 

“Oh really? You didn't mean to drag me out of my own house and bring me to this lame room of yours? Yeah, right,” I managed to breathe out, raising a brow. If I kept him distracted enough, maybe I could find a way out.

His eyes shifted down to me, but I dropped my gaze from him, gulping. I felt like holding my breath. His eyes narrowed and his lips pursed as he fixed me with a skeptical stare. “I'm serious. I just had to and I didn't have any other choice than to kidnap you,” he replied.

I nodded at him, breathing out slowly. “Okay, well, what do you want from me? Money? If that's what you're looking for, then I'm sorry. My family isn't that rich,” I informed him through my gritted teeth, trying to keep my cool. The guy sighed and a strand of his hair fell between his eyes.

“Who said I wanted your money?” He dropped his gaze for a moment, before returning me. "Listen to me carefully, I will explain everything to you soon, but I need you to trust me. I won't do anything to hurt you whatsoever. I'm trying to help you, okay?" he said in his husky, textured voice. My eyes widened and I stared at him, confused. 

Wait, what? Trust him…. Should I?

There was something about him that made me want to trust him, but my logical mind was telling me otherwise. I thought about it for a few seconds and I decided that I should trust him for now, even if only to escape. “What are you talking about? And who the hell are you?” I asked the stranger. His hands were now stuck in the pockets of his overcoat.  “My name is Ian. Ian Hunter.”