Chapter 15

CHAPTER 15 (FINISHED EDITING)

The producers, the directors, everyone they were all hiding a something and it was making all of them mysteriously happy, giving us girls creepy knowing smiles every time we walked past them. It wasn't like it was a bad secret. It was more of a I know something that you don't and it may either make you either very happy or very annoyed type or smile.

I'm actually a smile analyst.

Whatever it was, Rose and I were kind of worried. I mean last time there was a muddy obstacle course involved.

We decided to swim in the lagoon. Not wanting to walk all the way to Venice Beach, so we changed into our swimsuits along with Tahlia and a few other girls which decided to join us.

After a while in the water Rose and I had gotten out of the water and was just sitting on the jetty and just spent the whole time joking and laughing.

I was especially teasing her about Charlie.

We were practically sisters now, Rose and I, having grown so close. Especially after the talent show night, the day after I told Rose everything which had happened to them and how I felt. She was basically my psychologist.

Later she had told me how she was basically adopted, her parents were white and her real parents are somewhere in Southern America. They visit her often though which was good and she had a good relationship with them, she just misses them. The only reason they can't look after her is because they're separated and neither can afford to look after her. She was fine with it, as she had good adoptive parents and in New Jersey there was quite a few African-Americans as well so she wasn't the odd one out.

Anyway, America was slowly getting over its racial and prejudicial stage. I mean seriously, Barack Obama is our president here!

We were close, to be honest we're probably closer here than Lilly and I were back home. All we really talked, or she, talked about was boys.

Especially Cameron Jacobs, a potential boyfriend.

Actually I wondered what Cameron Jacobs was up to now.

I lost sidetrack of my thoughts as they drifted from Cameron to Xavier. Every time I thought I had figured it out, I realise I don't. And that's what frustrated me the most.

I didn't know the truth.

My mind continued wandering, who knows where with the ADD I have, until girly voices saying the over said name, Xavier Matthews, caught my attention.

Ah, more gossip. Because we needed more of that. Yet, I tuned in and listened to what they were saying.

"Yeah, he's in Miami now apparently,"

Another girl refused to believe it, "No, he's not. I saw him the other night." Someone snickered, "it is possible to go from one side of the country to another in a short space of time, he's definitely in Miami."

"Who said?"

"There's photos on the Twitter Update sites, so he's obviously in Miami. But no one knows why."

"Really?"

Another voice entered the conversation, "Yeah, the producers are apparently trying to find him, for the show, everyone is. Except for his management I think, they seem pretty chill about it all."

"Why would they be cool with it? He's probably going to get into a lot of trouble when he gets back for going missing with no reason."

Another girl snorted, "It's Xavier Matthews guys. He's done worse things than going missing. I'm sure they won't even mention it to him."