Chapter IX

Dedication goes to @NyraXx for making the amazing cover :D Massive Thanks 

the song on the right is Gryffindor Rally Cry by Ministry of Magic

The photo on the right is the actress I've chosen for Faith 

(A/N I don’t know any Ravenclaws from that time so I just made them up. The same goes for the Gryffindors except for James Potter. for the Slytherins I’m using some real Slytherins of that time and some made up.

The leaves started falling and the temperature started to drop as October showed its face. The wind blew harder and it started to rain more often, Quidditch season had started. James had been appointed as Quidditch captain this year and he was incredibly annoying. He walked around the tower only talking about Quidditch and his new team. I’d always thought it was an interesting game to watch but I didn’t find myself good enough to actually try out for the team. The tryouts had been in September and the new team was really good. I sat on the Gryffindor platform with Remus, Sirius and Peter and we were watching the team practise. James was actually a good coach.

For we had time to realise it, it was time for the first match of the year, Gryffindor-Ravenclaw, and almost everyone was excited. When I walked into the Great Hall and sat down at the Gryffindor table, the entire team was already dressed in their game outfits. Most of them seems incredibly nervous especially the second year’s, but James didn’t seem worried. When I asked him why he wasn’t, he simply told me that they were the best. After they had eaten they made their way down to the pitch for some last minute practise. Why they’d need last minute practise if they were already ‘the best’ beats me. I finished eating with the rest of the Marauders before going back to the common room to get my cloak and scarf. I was really excited about the upcoming game as well because McGonagall had allowed me to commentate. A huge mistake on her part. We also went down to the pitch, which was already crowded with students from all houses. I said goodbye to the boys and made a thumbs-up movement at James, before taking place next to McGonagall.

‘Excited for the game professor?’ I asked cheerfully.

‘Yes. Are you going to behave properly Campbell?’

‘Can’t promise anything professor.’ I said with a huge smile which made her glare at me.

‘You better behave.’

‘Sure professor.’ Not ‘ Don’t I always.’ No. Then it started. ‘And here come the teams. First Ravenclaw with Captain and seeker Reed, Chasers Cook, Turner and Roberts. And there’s keeper Gray and beaters Burk and Slater. And there’s the Gryffindor team with Captain and chaser Potter,  seeker Holden, the other chasers Pollard and McNeil and the beaters, Gilmore and Walsh and keeper Fields. ‘They take their places and the captains shake hands. Aw. How nice and polite. Watch and learn Slytherins!’

‘Campbell!’

‘Sorry professor. They mount their brooms, Madam Hooch releases the ball and they’re off! Cook takes the ball, passes it to Roberts, Pollard intercepts, passes it to Potter. Potter scores! 10-0 for Gryffindor. Nice one James.’

‘Campbell.’

‘Sorry! Turner takes the ball passes it to Cook and... Cook scores. 10-10’ I said sadly. ‘McNeil has the ball, passes to Pollard, Pollard... misses, saved by Gray. Wait! Reed seems to have seen the snitch! Oh, no. Never mind. He was just faking. Nothing to worry about.’ It went on like this for a while until it was 80-90 for Ravenclaw. ‘COME GRYFFINDOR! KICK THEIR ASSES!’ I yelled into the microphone.

‘CAMPBELL! STOP CHOOSING SIDES OR I WILL TAKE AWAY THE MICROPHONE!’ McGonagall said angrily.

‘Who’re we fighting for? GRYFFINDOR giving it all for the red and gold!’ I started which leaded into the whole Gryffindor stand joining in.