Petitioning the Ministry

Remus shook his head but his lips were twitching. Narcissa showed Remus over to an area where she had one of the house elves set up a changing station. "Thank you." He told her with a gentle smile. She waved away the thanks. "No problem. You both are always welcome here." She assured him before getting back to the rest of the group. Remus had to fight the urge to get choked up. This wasn't what he had been expecting the day he trusted Draco to apparate them to Harry. He had found a family and friends with all of them and he would be forever grateful for that.

            Everyone seemed to be waiting for Remus to return before starting any conversations. Draco was sitting in Harry's lap this time around. Lucius didn't even bother commenting. They would do whatever they wanted anyways.

            As Remus was walking past, Teddy held out a hand towards Draco. Remus stopped and Teddy leaned forward, so Draco picked him up. "See I told you he likes me more than you Harry." Draco teased. Harry rolled his eyes.

            Remus smiled and sat down next to Severus. "Oh he changed his hair like yours." Pansy squealed. Severus rolled his eyes. That much had been obvious the moment they had returned.

            "And his eyes!" Draco said in excitement. Remus thought that it was endearing that Draco was so excited, he didn't have the heart to tell him that Teddy does it all the time to people he meets. But Teddy did seem to have a fondness for Draco and Remus was happy for that.

            "That is so cute." Pansy gushed. She wasn't sure if children were in store for her or not in the future. She loved the idea of it just being her and George for a while... a long while. Children would get in the way of that, not to mention they take up a lot of time. It's like 17 to life with children. You can never get rid of them once you have one. That sounds like too much work.

            Once Draco had Teddy in a comfortable position he looked up to the rest of the group. "So what did you think?" He prompted.

            "What a crazy night!" Pansy exclaimed.

            "Insane family." Blaise sighed exasperated. He quickly looked to the twins. "No offense." He hurried to say.

            The twins shared a look before grinning at him. Blaise sighed in relief. Fred entwined their fingers. "Everyone is a tad insane." Blaise considered his mother and had to agree. Perhaps all families were a tad insane.

            "I thought that you two held yourselves very well." Remus praised. He had been rather surprised when it came to the memory. The Weasleys were always a very friendly family so he wouldn't have thought that they could be so prejudiced. It wasn't just towards Draco either. The prejudice against magical creatures was awful, Molly certainly had never acted like that around him. She probably feared what he would have said, with good reason too. But the way that Draco had defended Demetrius, someone he had never even met before had been very heart warming. Listening to Draco give his incubus lesson had been in a way entertaining. There was a fascination that Draco had with magical creatures that was intriguing.

            "I- Thank you Harry." Severus said quietly. "Your defense of me was very appreciated." If he hadn't seen Harry defend him to Black, then this memory would definitely would have sent him into cardiac arrest. Who knew that Harry had given his predicament that much thought? No one had ever cared enough to consider what he had gone through. Despite being a spy they still look at the dark mark and see evil. They don't care that he did the right thing in the end, they don't care that he risked his life every single moment that he was in The Dark Lord's presence. They just don't care. They lump him with the rest of the death eaters and think that he should be carted off to Azkaban.