Chapter Twenty Seven

COCO

As I expected, I was called to see the dean. Pinakawalan ko din si Steve pagkatapos nun. I wanted to teach him a lesson and make sure he wouldn't drug another woman and take advantage of her again. Kulang pa nga yun sa mga kawalanghiyaan niya. That was actually just a slap on the wrist compared to the trauma he inflicted on all the women he'd taken advantage of. 

My parents were already sitting in front of the dean's desk with a grim look on their faces when I walked in. Parang gusto kong tumakbo palabas ng kwartong iyon ng tumingin sila sa akin. Dad eyes told me he wanted to disown me and Mama's eyes were hot with fury. The dean gestured for me to seat on the armchair in front of Dad and Mama.

"Alam mo ba kung bakit kita pinatawag dito?" The dean asked.

"Because of what I did to Steve." I answered.

The dean nodded his head. "Right. According Steve Matias, you kidnapped him, put him in the trunk of a car, took him to a secluded location and beat him up. Pagkatapos ay dinala niyo siya dito kung saan binitin niyo siya ng patiwarik."

"That's true."

"Nicholas Cordova, wait til we get home!" Mama said, her teeth gritting with strain. I knew I'd be dead when we get home. It's really hard to anger Mama but once she's angry, there's nobody that's more angrier. She's the last person I'd want to cross.

"Alam mo ba kung gaano ka-seryoso ang ginawa mo. You're not simply going to get expelled from this university, they're also planning to sue you." The dean said.

"Aren't you going to ask my side of the story. Aren't you going to ask why I did that?" I asked.

"Why did you do that? What is wrong with you?" Dad asked, more frustrated than angry.

"I guess he forgot to tell you the part where he tried to rape Anais." I said, looking at the dean. "He spiked Anais' drink and tried to bring her to his place. Siya mismo ang umamin sa amin ng ginawa niya. Hindi lang si Anais ang na biktima niya, marami sila. Swerte lang si Anais dahil nasundan ko sila. Nakita ko siyang pinipilit pababain si Anais, she was struggling to get away with him but she was too drugged out. Most women weren't as lucky as her. He drugs women, have sex with them, and he makes them think that the women wanted it."

There was a moment of silence inside the room. It was so silent I could hear the clock hanging on the wall of the room ticking. 

The dean cleared his throat. "This is a serious matter we're dealing with. Maganda siguro kung magkakaharap-harap ang mga taong involved dito."

ANAIS

I pushed the door to the conference room where I was told to go. I knew the moment I was called out in the middle of the class that this had something to do with what Coco did to Steve. All eyes were suddenly squared on me. There sat the dean, Mom and Dad, Tita Cassie and Tito Nick, Tita Tanya and Tito Wayne, Aunt Andi and Uncle Trista, Yvo, Tate, and Coco.

"Come in and seat with us." Mr. Diaz, our said after a few awkward second.

I sat on the empty chair next to Dad. They left it empty as if they were really expecting me there. Dad cupped my face and kissed me on the forehead. "Are you okay, honey?"

I forced an assuring smile and nodded my head. I had no idea what was going on. Alam ko ang tungkol ito sa ginawa ni Coco but why did my parents had to be here? 

"Mom, who's taking care of Cookie?" I asked. That was what first came into my mind when I saw both our son's grandpa and grandma. Sa kanila ko lang naman kasi iniiwan ang anak ko kapag pumapasok ako sa school.