Let Him/Her Be

Hey guys and thanks for the endless support.

Goal is down below

General Pov: 

"So what are we up to today?" Axel questioned Sophia surprising her, as she came out of his room and went down dressed in a Burgundy blazer, an  open-collared white dress shirt, black skinnies and black stilettos. She stopped her steps surprised by finding him  waiting for her, in front of the stairs. She sent him away after breakfast so she can get ready. An unwanted blush rose and stained her cheeks, thinking about how much time she spent thinking about skipping work.  She was afraid of things turning awkward. Axel is now caring and all but sometimes he turns possessive and sometimes even cold. May this day turn sweet just like it started, sophia wished.

His eyes followed her figure and he couldn't but appreciate how simple yet elegant she looks. He was certainly blinded by "she who shouldn't be named", to the point of not noticing the beauty of his past unwanted and now wanted wife. He couldn't but mentally punch himself and mock his old, oblivious and idiotic self. 

"Work of course." she answered with ease but he saw the blush and knew that his gaze was making it deeper.

"I mean after that." Axel smiled at her as she reached him. He wanted to know her, now. He wanted to discover the real Sophia. The one that his brother, mother and best friend seem to adore. The one that he is now liking very much.

"You want to do something after work?" she asked him fully surprised. Is this the real Axel, one as sweet and passionate as ever? 

"Sure thing. I have two years to make up for. Also, I need to convince you to give us a chance." Axel answered as he stopped facing her "Sorry again for those years." he hushed at her and to surprise her more his hand sneaked and reached hers. His fingers rapidly intertwined with hers. Her smaller hand fitted right in his bigger hand and warmth evaded her body. Dear god what was this man dong to her?

"Axel?" was all that she said and it sounded like a question. That one word weighed tones and he know that he might be pushing her to believe in "them" but if it meant that she will really think about it then he must start taking charge. He pushed her away , in the past. Yet now, he has to find away to pull her and capture her heart.

"it just feels right." he argued simply as his eyes glittered and begged hers to let him continue with such small but meaningful gesture.After a motionless silence, after overthinking his words, she just held his hand tighter and nodded making him smile big. He wanted to do more at that simple moment but he wouldn't be pushing himself on her.

"I am meeting Ava after work." Sophia spoke as Axel was driving them to their office. He was afraid that he bombarded her with his newly displayed affection. But hearing her finally speaking he breathed in relief.

"I will drive you." He offered 

"Just come a long. She asks about you now. She liked the dress and how you saved me from Ezra. You are on her good side now." Sophia offered back and smiled brightly at him 

"Did he try to contact you in any way after that day?" Axel asked remembering that dreaded moment 

"Mother told me that he called Adam and apologized. Adam told her that Ezra wanted to meet you and I directly and apologize for us both yet my mum denied him. She hates him now. She feels betrayed she always treated him like a son. Adam , then, told him that we were busy and that we got his apology." Sophia explained 

"Adam is still a major part of your life directly or indirectly." Axel commented after hearing her saying Adam for three times in a one second

"Was a major part because he did not act fast. I waited for him for years. He lost his chances with me." Sophia truthfully said