Monsters

Chapter 33: Newcomers

The party was entertaining and fascinating. People danced and started to grind on each other. My dress clung to my frame that is saturated in perspiration. I will give Alice credit. She does know how to deliver a party. My brown eyes hunted for the important, Bella Swan. A grin widened across my lips when I met my best friend. My hand struck out and softly grasped her arm.

"Hey, hey!" I hollered over the music. She laughed and leaned in for a hug. The hug was shy and gentle.

"Hey!" She exclaimed. "Did Jared come with you?"

"No, he's at home brooding over the case that I showed up to the party!" I chuckled. She laughed along with me.

"Do you know if Jacob is coming?" She inquired.

"You know, I don't know." I reply truthfully. "If I see him, I'll let him know that you're looking for him."

"Okay, thank you!" She separated and wandered through the sea of bodies. I whistled and chose to locate someone to chat with until the party ends. My eyes caught Alice greeting people with her signature smile. I slithered up to her and smiled.

"Great job on the party, Alice!" I complimented. She beamed and gripped my arm.

"Thank you, Avery." She boasted. "I'm so glad you could make it. Did Jared come?"

"No, he's at home." I sigh with a grin.

"Oh, typical dog." She laughed.

"He probably thinks that this is a feasting party with everyone that is here." I joked.

"Tell him that to get him over here." She stated before walking away. I shook my head before turning around. My eyes caught three familiar, meaty boys walking up the stairs.

"Jacob," I sauntered over to the boy who seems to be looking for someone. I sighed and pointed over to Bella when he looked over at me. He turned and strolled over to the pasty girl. I walked away and decided to enjoy the party. I came around to the other people and decided to chat with them. We talked about our plans after school and what we planned to do.

I tugged at my dress that was dripping with sweat. My hips swayed with the bass of the music while my hands floated up in the air. Graduated students brushed past me as they danced with their partners. I was alone on the dance floor but I wasn't single. Boys placed their hands on my hips, but I pushed them away by saying that I had a boyfriend.

Hours passed before I finally became tired. I wanted to leave away from the party and go home. My eyes continued to look for Bella or someone to let them know that I was leaving. I decided to barge into the rooms to see if any of the Cullens would be around. One room consisted of two horny teens. I entered a different room and noticed everyone I knew personally standing in the room.

"Hm," I crossed my arms across my chest. "Having a meeting. Oh, please. Don't let me interrupt."

"Avery, we couldn't find you and this is very urgent." Carlisle stated. I furrowed my eyebrows together.

"How urgent is it?" I questioned. "What's going on?"

"Alice had a vision." Emmett answered.

"There is a newborn army coming after us and we could really use your help." Alice stated with worry. I nodded in approval.

"Yeah, I'll join." I approved. "I will get Drew and Lily to join."

"What about your mother?" Carlisle asked.

"I don't know. I don't know where she ran off to." I answered truthfully. Carlisle shook his head and went back to the conversation.

"This should be enough help." He stated. "I say we should all get some rest for tomorrow. We will be doing a lot of training."

"Fine by me." I mumbled. "I'll see you guys tomorrow." I walked out of the room and to the door. The keys of the vehicle that I drove here twirled on my finger. I got into the barely used vehicle and drove myself to my place.

I walked into the empty, silent house and set my keys down. My hands rubbed my eyes as I sauntered down the hall to my room. The room was destroyed with papers, blankets, and pillows. The open window caught my attention that let air colder than ice into the room. Papers flew up from the breeze and swiftly landed on the ground. Shoes and clothes piled out of the closet and swayed with the moving air. The dress that I was wearing fell on the ground as I walked over the edge of my bed.

The world around me was almost silent because of the rustling papers. I sat on the edge of the bed in my undergarments as my hair stuck to the back of neck from the dried sweat. My eyes darted around the room. The curtains swayed and a shiver ran down my spine. I got up and shut the window forcefully. My bottom touched the soft mattress as I slowly relaxed. The entire situation was relaxing. The soft, plush blanket draped across my torso as I laid back. I closed my eyes and relaxed my entire body.

"Avery, get up." My eyes opened the split second after I closed them. My eyebrows furrowed when I didn't see anybody in my room. "Avery, I need your help." A voice called from down the hall. I blinked and noticed that I appeared in the hall. My mind was either playing tricks or this was a dream. I glanced down at my hands and noticed there was blood all over them. A cold shiver ran through my spine as goosebumps appeared over my arms. I stepped out of the hallway and stepped on cold ground. My toes wiggled in the snow when my eyes caught the wilderness surrounding me. The bright snow caused my eyes to squint a bit while I followed the red droplets on the white surface. My arms crossed over my chest that wasn't covered up for warmth. The red droplets continued to lead me to an open area.

Limp bodies laid scattered across the field. Blood dripped on the snow while I stood taking in the scene. The faces were familiar ones that sat still with the other limp bodies. My eyes glanced down to my hands that were covered with black gloves while the rest of my body was covered in black. Taken aback, I bumped into whatever was behind me and fell on my bottom. I whipped around to see a male standing behind me. His chest heaves heavily as his eyes stared at me in a frantic way.

"Avery, get up." He shouted. "Avery, I need your help."

------

Soooo, sorry that this is so late. I hope you can forgive me! :)

I hoped you guys liked this chapter. It's lame, but it will get better. The battle is coming soon.

-Katie