Chapter 11

I trudge around in sweatpants and a big t-shirt that says "Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time". I walk to the kitchen and throw open the fridge door, taking out the cereal and milk. Wait, why is the cereal in the fridge?
I trudge back out to the living room with my bowl of cereal and drop onto a chair by the table. Sluggishly eating, I think I most likely look like Flash the sloth from Zootopia. Bunny hops into the living room with, surprise surprise, carrots. As soon as he noticed me, he snickered.

"Didn't get much sleep, mate?"

"No." I yawn.

"Why not?"

"I was reading."

"All night?"

"Yeah... I told myself that I'd go to sleep after I finished one more chapter."

"That didn't go to plan, did it."

"The chapter ended on a cliffhanger..."

"Couldn't resist reading the next one?"

"Precisely."

"Oi, that happens to Tooth a lot..." Bunny's words faded away as I started to doze off. My head dropped into the cold milk, and I jerked upright, making a noise that sounded like "Nyeeh."

"You ok, mate?"

I let out a big yawn and set my spoon down. "I think imma go back to bed."

"Alright, sleep well."

I sleepily walk back to my room, but forget to open the door. I walk straight into it, smacking my forehead on the door. Stumbling back, I sleepily glare at the door.

"So we meet again, door."

I was so focused on the door, I didn't see Jack standing to my left. Just as I suspected, the door said nothing.

"Ah, so the old silent treatment, eh?" I mutter. "Fine, we could do it that way." I put my fists up, battle stance. I run at the door, and when it doesn't open magically, I face-plant into it. Backing up a bit, I put my fists back up and hop from foot to foot. "You wanna go? Let's go. I'll take you on right here, right now." I yell angrily at the door, trying to act tough. "FOR NARNIA!!!" I screech, throwing a fist at the door. When it hits the door painfully, I squeak. "You're supposed to duck!" I mumble at the door.

"Ok, thanks enough of that." I hear Jack say, before he picks me up. I look up at him, raising both of my eyebrows.

"Yo."

"Hey, Princess." he says softly, opening to bedroom door. He sets me down on the bed, pulling the covers over me. "Now go to sleep."

"Why?" I whine.

"You just had a fist fight with a door."

"....." I closed my eyes. "Good point."

"Goodnight."

"Wait!" I re-opened my eyes.

"Yeah?"

"What if I have another nightmare?"

"Well, I guess I could stay in here while you sleep. Pitch couldn't give you a nightmare then."

I smiled and nodded. Jack walked back into the room, and sat at the foot of my bed. I closed my eyes, and drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

-- Time Skip --

I woke up to whispering, but decided not to open my eyes. I shifted on the bed to face away from the door, and the whispering grew more urgent and high-pitched. I heard light footsteps, or what were supposed to be light footsteps. They sounded more like elephants running around. I decided to ignore it. I held onto the covers tighter, pulling them closer. I felt something wrap around my waist, and pass it off as the sheets. They often do that after I move around.

I heard a click, and a flash of bright lights fills my vision. It repeats a few times, then I hear a few "awww"s. I open one eye, and see Baby Tooth looking at me.

"What?" I whisper at Baby Tooth. She makes a face like "You know what", which I really don't. When she sees the confusion on my face, she points to my side. I open my other eye, met by all white. I crane my head back, and see Jack's figure. Then I realize that I wasn't holding the covers, I was holding his hoodie.

I made a face like -_-. I move my arm to poke him, but he doesn't wake up.

Poke.

Poke Poke.

Nothing.

Poke Poke Poke PokePoke PokePoke PokePoke Poke.

He murmurs something, not completely awake.

Poke Poke Poke Poke Poke Poke Poke Poke Poke Poke Poke Poke Poke Poke Poke Poke Poke Poke Poke Poke.

His eyes fly open, and he looks at me grumpily.

"What? I need my beauty sleep- I mean regular sleep." he says sleepily.

I raise an eyebrow and motion towards Baby Tooth. He looks at her, then past her. He grows ruby red, and pulls the covers over our heads.

"We have company." he whispers.

"Baby Tooth, I know." I mumble.

"No, I mean more company." He says more urgently.

"What?"

I remove the covers from out heads, and then look behind me.

Welp, I'm screwed.

Tooth, North, Bunny, and Sandy all stand (well, Sandy hovers on a cloud of sand) there in a group with big grins plastered on their faces.

"Jack-and-Y/N-sitting-in-a-tree." Tooth sings gleefully.

"Tooth-get-away-from-me." I mutter next.

"First comes love, then comes marriage." Bunny smirks, looking directly at Jack, with glints in his eyes.

"And the Guardian of Hope with spinal damage." Jack growls back, narrowing his eyes at Bunny. We all sit in silence for a moment, before Sandy makes a question mark above his head.

"Uhhhhhhhhhh..." I say ever so brightly. "Nope." And with that, I hide under the covers. When Jack doesn't say or do anything, I push him out the bed with my feet. When I hear a thud, I know that it worked.

"Gee, thanks." he mutters sarcastically.

"It's your turn!" I say through the covers.

"No it's not!"

"Too bad! I'm not saying it!"

"And why not?"

"Have you even met me? I'm to awkward for this!"

"...True."

"Hey!"

"What? You said it yourself!"

"Uh, guys, could we move this along?" North asks calmly.

"Oh, yeah, sorry. Jack?" I whisper.

".....Jack's not available at this moment, please leave a message after the beep. BEEP!"

"Jack....."

"Fiiiiine. Just give me a second."

I nod,and wait. I heard something slide open and a gust of wind flew by.

I sighed. "He flew out the window, didn't he?"

"Oi." Bunny says.

I threw the covers off, and looked out the window. Jack stood at the front gate, and when he saw me, he nervously waved at me.

"Get back in here, Frosty." I yelled out the window. He pouted, then flew back into the room.

"I guess there's something we have to tell you."