Fluff-ball

(This is written from the veteranarian's pov)

I expected today to be a more relaxed day, but one can only dream...

Two men came running in to the animal hospital with a small kitten cradled in the  crying one's arms (Kal).

Oh dear...

Th taller one frantically said, "Please, just please help him!!!  He seemed extremely stressed out about the small bundle of blood-saturated ball of fur.

"Sir, I need you to calm down," I said, trying to soothe the distraught man.

He's one of the types I'm bad at dealing with...

"How can I calm down, when he's like this?!" he responded, obviously not calmed in the least.

The lighter haired, shorter one mumbled, "M-Midori, y/n wouldn't want you to yell, we need to be polite.  After all his life rests in this man's hands."

Thank God one of them was somewhat sane, though I'd suppose anyone would be this freaked out...

"How would you know anything about what y/n wants?!  It's your fault that we're in this mess, Kal,  and he's hurt to this extent!" the man called Midori yelled.

Kal began crying again, "I-I didn't know, I was scared...I'm just as worried as you are about him, after all, I've known him longest!  I never meant to hurt him!"

Midori seemed to pull back, less angry at Kal, "H-Hey, I'm just really scared for y/n.  I said too much..."

"I am too...Don't think of my love as such a light thing."

Now that they were both calm, I took advantage of the silence to say, "Sirs, let me take him.  He needs to be helped immediately."

After they nodded their consent, I took the fluffy kitten and rushed down the hall to urgent care.  The kitten mewled pitifully, causing me to brush a hand over its soft head.

I placed him on a cushioned table, hooking him up to the heart monitor.  After doing this, I inserted a temporary feeding tube.  Injuries like these were sure to affect it's everyday actions.

I gave the kitten a numbing medicine over the injured areas, then I got out a needle and thread, so I could begin sewing up the superficial injuries.  After all, if I we're to try and set any bones right now, it would possibly make the kitten lose more blood.

As I pulled the needle along, piecing back together his skin, I spoke to the kitten, "y/n was it?  In any case, everything is going to be fine, I'll make sure that it is.  It may hurt right now, but you have two owners worried sick about you.  They seem to love you quite a bit, so please, live for their sake, if not for your own."

Once I had finished the small stitched, I bound them tightly as a countermeasure.  Then I began the tedious task of setting the bones that weren't completely shattered or misaligned.

~Some time later~

I stepped back and marveled at my work, there were a few remaining problems, but surgery was the best option to rectify those. 

I made sure all of the wires connected to the kitten were properly positioned and then went to the waiting room to see how his owners were holding up.

I speed walked through the hallway, ecstatic to tell them that they could see him.

Kal and Midori stood up quickly, desperate for information on their pet.  I cleared my throat and stated, "y/n's condition is stable, if you'd like, you can both see him."

Then I turned around and briskly walked away, leaving them to follow behind me.  After trekking through the long hall, we arrive at the urgent care area of the hospital.  I turned to the left and opened the door with my set of keys.

As soon as the door was opened, they rushed to the kitten's side.  The one called Kal was bawling his eyes out and mumbling countless apologies to the sleeping fluff-ball.  Midori stood over them, stooping to caress y/n's head.

Then to everyone's surprise, the kitten produced a soft mewl.  It went back to sleep almost immediately afterwards though.

After about five minutes had passed, I got Kal and Midori's attention and began explaining their cat's condition and how the injuries may make him suffer. 

The usual stuff...

They seemed adamant on his recovery, which made me quite happy.  You don't see as many owners with as much faith as these two had in their pet.

Now I was determined to help this tiny, cute fluff-ball.

Somewhere in the middle of our conversation, a psycho barged in, rambling about weird things.  I managed to send him out, after being thoroughly embarrassed by his blatant flirting.

After that, things went smoothly, though I had a weird misunderstanding of their relation to one another.

That was awkward...

Once they'd said good bye to their cat, we went out to the waiting room to talk to the stranger.  I went along to make sure there would be no fights, since the stranger looked a tad bit...sketchy.

We sat near him, and he began to introduce himself as a cat-god, Shiro...although his story is slightly crazy sounding.

I was quite understanding considering that I came from a prestigious dog-shifter lineage, thus my last name being Inu.

In any event, I was surprised I hadn't smelled what he was.

Maybe being in the city so long has dampened my senses.

I listened closely as I heard that the kitten I was caring for was a shifter, or more precisely: a neko. 

So that means that those two...and the fluff-ball...? Oh...

To sum up what was said, he had made y/n a neko but had forgotten to inform the one at fault of the consequences.  Thus, the boy was stuck in cat-form presently.

Once they'd finished talking, Shiro turned to me smirking, "What time do you get off work?"

"Never, my life is work.  Dealing with you would make it much more complex than it needs to be."

"All bark, no bite, puppy," he said grinning at my slightly annoyed face.

Puppy?!

"I don't want to hear that from a God so forgetful that his gifts go awry," I retorted.

"Ouch," he said, acting emotionally hurt. "Well, as much of a pleasure as it was meeting you, Dr. Inu, I must be going.  But in the words of terminator, 'I'll be back.'"

I hope to whatever dog god there is, that you won't be.

~Author's pov~ 

***Hey guys, the new vet x cat god story is up, though currently only 2 chapters. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, Feedback is appreciated!!!

Questions 4 U all!!!

Q- What's your favorite animal?

A- Mine's a snow leopard, I'd love to hear what animal's you all like!!! (^ v ^)