51-THE END

"I will have to drop you once we're out," Hemera warned, her voice getting loud as they neared the ceiling.

Leo squeaked, shaken from his stupor. He wiped his eyes, "Wh-what?"

"Once my journey starts, I cannot stop it. You have power over wind on your side, you'll make it."

"Right," Jason mumbled. He'd been on Piper's side, but she didn't make it.

"She was a hero. Do not be so miserable," Day said, voice soft and comforting like the rays of sunrise, but burning him all the same.

Jason didn't respond.

She continued, "I sense that no matter what you said or what you did, Piper McLean would still have sacrificed herself. The prideful and the inferior, brave. That was you two, you needed to be brave for her. She is...a true example of love. I wish she could bring some to my own mansion."

"There's a Mansion of Day?" Leo asked, in the tone that he didn't really care. He just wanted to distract himself and think about her words about Piper.

"Yes," Hemera said, "and it is just as terrible as Night's. Now get ready."

They burned through the ground and up to the surface.

The two demigods landed in a crouch, helping each other up. In the distant sky, they heard Nyx scream in rage and terror. When they looked up, Day was chasing Night through the heavens once more, and dawn appeared in all its brilliant light.

• • •

The loss was felt by everyone.

Everyone had fought bravely. Katrina (Kathern7777) and Airial (Yumi75), a daughter of Athena and a daughter of Zeus, had battled in the forest against a horde of hellhounds, effectively preventing a lot of monsters from entering the school.

Then Nyx had appeared and terrorized the school for a good while before Jason, Leo, and Piper had managed to free Hemera.

Conrad Malowski had died. The goddess of night had grabbed him and tossed him into the sky, and no magic could save him when he fell down again.

It was Dawn who had screamed the loudest. Then she'd screamed at the goddess, and Nyx simply slapped her, and she was dead before she hit the ground.

The prophecy of the Getaway sisters rang in Isabell's head.

It'd been twelve hours since Hemera rose, but she didn't have to leave just yet, thanks to Dumbledore's kindness. Isabell recited the prophecy out loud, over the sound of the rustling trees of the Forbidden Forest near her. "In an attempt to hide both futures were shattered

One shall perish in an effort to be flattered." She brushed her hair self-consciously. "That was the complete line that the demigods didn't know about. It was...about Dawn obviously."

"What's the rest of it?"

"and lose a beloved to a midnight strife

Turning down reason, the other ends a life"

Drew sighed in understanding, "The other was me. I didn't listen to Dawnie's warning and Logan winded up dead. And she...she lost Conrad to Nyx. I didn't even know she loved him."

"I had a sibling too," Isabell told her.

She looked up, "What?"

"Duncan. He was my cousin, really. But we grew up together. I never treated him well enough. And when that dratted Ethan Nakamura was forced to kill him...I was never so regretful in my life. Your sister too; she meant a lot to me, no matter how twisted she was."