It Only Takes Once (Chapter 37)

"Come on babe let's go walking, see if that helps a little." Khadarious suggested standing up from the chair beside my hospital bed.

"H-hhold on." I stuttered before sucking in a breath.

"You wanna wait until after this contraction is over?" He asked.

"Mmhmm." I nodded before biting down on my lower lip.

"You want some more ice?" Kamile. asked holding the cup to my lips.

"I want you to leave me the fuck alone and shut the hell up so I can be in pain and suffer in peace." I gritted out.

I immediately felt bad after saying that. God I'm so evil.

"Rude ass." Devin mumbled.

"I-I'm sorry baby, I'm just in pain and I-I oh shit." I grunted. "I just want to be left alone please." I said finishing my statement quickly.

"Okay well, let me know if you need anything." She said before going back to her seat.

"Okay, I will." I said quickly before I groaned out in pain.

"You ready?" He asked taking the covers from my body and getting ready to help me from the bed.

"Yeah." I panted.

"Hold your I.V in place, it'll hurt like hell if it gets ripped out." He said helping me out of the bed.

"How do you know?" I asked looking up at him.

"Used to happen to me all the time when I was kid." He shrugged. "I had to spend lots of time in the hospital when I first got diagnosed with diabetes." He said making my face scrunch up.

"Aw, my poor big baby." I pouted before reaching up and touching his face.

"I got used to it." He shrugged.

"Have you taken your blood sugar and insulin today?" I asked looking at him upside his head as he laughed before nodding.

I wasn't having nor raising these babies by myself.

"Y'all need anything while we're out there?" Khadarious asked Devin, Pops, Tori, Kamile, and Shalandra.

"Nah."

"No thanks."

"Nope."

"We're good."

"Bring me back some chips."

"Hell no, if I can't eat, then neither can you." I called over my shoulder.

"Her little ass is mean as hell." I heard Devin say as we walked out of the hospital room door making me laugh to myself.

Everyone else who was here earlier, had to leave due to work, hunger, exhaustion, or tending to their children or spouse. We'd been here for almost twenty four hours and I've been in labor almost the whole damn time.

I was hungry as hell and those sandwiches, pickles, and chips I ate dissolved in my stomach almost immediately after I ate them. I was physically tired but I couldn't go to sleep because I was in so much pain and I couldn't get comfortable.

I was truly miserable.

"My back and feet are killing me." I complained to Khadarious as we slowly walked the halls of the hospital together.

"I'm sorry babe." Khadarious said tightening his grip on my waist. "You want to stop and rest?"

"No I'm fine, I should be having another contraction some time soon though." I informed him.