four

"i'm locked and loadedcompletely focused"

completely focused"

During her lunch period, Rainbow came to a few conclusions. The first -Greenberg was an absolute mess of a teenager- was an obvious one that had been observed by a handful of students. The second was that Allison Argent was a nice girl. She was a plain girl with little to no personality, but she was a nice girl. Something like a delicately painted jewelry box, except there was no jewelry inside. Or maybe a cheap piece of jewelry.

Even then, she was still better than Lydia.

So as the teenager sat around her medium-sized group of friends, she avoided listening to the strawberry blonde ramble on about herself, choosing instead to engage in a conversation with the new, dark-haired girl next to her. No one was paying the two any mind as they talked about everything from fashion to sports, the latter of which Allison Argent knew barely anything about. The next topic though, gained some attention.

"So, do you have a boyfriend?"

Everyone in their group suddenly grew silent and before Rainbow could even answer the soft spoken girl, the entire table burst into laughter, causing Rainbow to roll her eyes while others around them nosily stared in their direction, trying to see what was so funny. The closest one to her nudged her elbow, causing Rainbow to scoff and jerk her body away from him. Allison looked on in confusion, looking over to Lydia for an answer since she really knew no one else. The strawberry blonde opened her mouth to answer but one look from Rainbow made her shut it and look the other way.

"Bow doesn't date," Jackson finally answered, making Allison look up at the lacrosse player, "and if she did, she wouldn't date anyone from here."

"She doesn't think anyone here is good enough for her," Greenberg commented, glancing over at Rainbow hatefully.

"You..you're not good enough for me, and like ninety percent of the lacrosse team," Rainbow snapped at the teenager.

"What about the other ten?" Charles, a well known lacrosse player, asked with a raised eyebrow.

Rainbow looked past everyone's gaze, noticing that Scott McCall had been looking in her direction. She didn't know how long he had been staring but she wasn't thinking about that right now. The girl bit the inside of her lip subconsciously, mumbling a small 'who knows' in response to the boy, not taking her eyes off of Scott. Her view was cut off though when a tall, slim figure blocked her line of vision.

"Stop staring at boys, I'm here now. Focus your attention on me."

Bow sighed as she forced everyone to make room for the newcomer, letting them sit down next to her. "Ben, what are you doing here? You're supposed to be in school."

Ben shrugged in response, helping himself to whatever was in his sister's tupperware. "We got out early."

The older sibling stared at her younger brother in disbelief. "Mhm, who got out early, Benjamin?"

"I did!" Ben laughed at his own words, causing Rainbow to place her open palm on her forehead as she closed her eyes for a few moments.

Allison pointed from Benjamin to Rainbow, speaking to the latter. "Is he your-"

"Sibling from hell? Yes, indeed he is," Rainbow answered before the question could be completed. She ruffled her brother's curls and placed her head on his shoulder, receiving a brief smile from the boy before he returned to his meal. "But I wouldn't trade him in."

"Can't relate," Charles commented from across the table, "I have four siblings and I'd trade them all in for a single bag of Doritos."

A slender, dark skinned female snatched the bag of said chips and slid into the seat next to him with a glare etched onto her face. "You have five siblings, stupid ass."

The two siblings argued, with a few people from the table joining in -for fun of course- and Benjamin nudged his sister. "Did you hear about the body in the woods?" His voice was low enough so that no one could hear him but he made sure Rainbow had.

In an instant, Rainbow shot up from her position, her eyes narrowed suspiciously at her brother. "What body?"

"A half of a body was found by the cops, but they haven't found the other half," Ben answered, not even looking at his older sister. He pointed in the direction of Scott and Stiles Stilinski, not caring if they were looking or not. "They did though."

Rainbow glanced over at the pair, watching as they conversed silently with each other, occasionally peaking to see if anyone was listening in. "Ben, how did you find out about tha-"

The bell rang before she could finish, making her smack her lips in distaste as Benjamin smiled. The preteen engulfed his older sister in a hug, picking her up off of the ground for a few moments before he set her back down. Allison watched the two siblings interact, silently wishing she had a sibling of her own for a brief period before she looked away.

Rainbow followed after her group of friends, scolding her brother. "Go back to school, Ben. You know, dad-"

"I'm not going back to school, we have to run two miles today and I'm not having it," he told her. Ben looked in Scott and Stiles' direction, a smile crossing his face. "I'm following those two around today. They seem pretty interesting."

"You don't even know them, Benjamin. Don't be fucking wei-"

Her brother didn't listen though and ran after the pair, slapping them both on the shoulder as if he had known them his entire life. He flashed the two friends a bright smile, one that everyone in his family seemed to posses, and he received two odd stares in return. As he began to talk aimlessly about nonsense, Scott looked over his shoulder, his dark brown eyes landing on Rainbow's frustrated figure. He smiled at her frustration, already knowing the warning she had given her younger sibling a few seconds ago. When Rainbow finally noticed that he was staring at her, she offered him a faint smile before she departed with Allison, Charles, and his sister who he knew as Caroline.

Scott wished he was popular. So he could get everything. The friends, the respect, and the girl; and while he wasn't certain, part of him knew that he was on track to getting everything he wanted.

All thanks to the bite.