10. A Sacrifice Needed

~PACIFIC ISLANDS~

On an island far from Berk, and on it was a volcano. A man stood at the edge of it, looking into the bubbling lava as if in deep thought. He heard the sound of someone approaching and turned to see who it was.

"Chief we think the gods are angered with us!" A fisherman who went by the name Ano yelled as he reached the man.

"And what makes you think that?" The man asked.

"We've been getting less fish lately and this hasn't happened since that time before Tefiti returned!" Ano answered. "What do we do?! Are the gods angry with our tribe or has someone else done something to displease them and they punish us?!"

The man looked over the side of the volcano and nodded.

"The gods are angered with us if our most valued food source is drying up, we'll need a sacrifice to please them."

"A sacrifice is needed, but who would we need?" Ano asked, glancing down at the village that laid at the foot of the volcano.

"Someone brave, pure of heart, beautiful of course, perhaps a girl with those qualities." The man answered and frowned. "Not many girls on our island are exactly like that."

"I don't know if we'll find the right girl who could be the right sacrifice."

"I know one who would be perfect. Do you know the island Montonui?"

"Well yes, very fruitful place."

"There is a girl from there who goes by the name Moana. She was apparently chosen by the ocean to find Maui to restore the heart of Tefiti and succeeded in doing so when the waters were very dangerous after my namesake arose." The man said looking down into the volcano and smirked. "She is brave, quite beautiful, pure of heart, unmarried and unwed and clean, a perfect sacrifice to please the gods."

Ano looked at the man nervously. "But... if she saved the world, wouldn't the gods be angered if we sacrificed her just to satisfy them? There was an incident that happened many many year ago when a woman was sacrificed but she was carrying the child of a god inside of her and that god smitted the man who sacrificed her."

"The gods WILL be happy!" The man yelled, grabbing Ano by the neck and held him over the side of the volcano. "I, Te Ka will make the gods happy with this sacrifice! Round up our best warriors and get the boats ready!" He flung Ano back to the ground away from the volcano. "We leave for that island for that girl today!"

As Te Ka walked away, Ano rubbed his neck where he had been held.

"Maui won't be happy." He murmured as he walked after his leader. "And neither would Tefiti. If Moan saved the world and Te Ka killed her just to save us who knows how angered would the gods truly be with us?"