Chapter Three

I stood there in his yard, mouth open like a fish. To be honest, I was completely, totally, and utterly in shock. People don't just get a knife plunged into their stomach everyday and then walk away like nothing happened!

It occurred to me that it might be a good idea to leave before the man with the knife came back with something worse. I was a sitting duck just standing there in his yard. A minute passed. I gathered my senses and began to turn around to head home when a door slamming made me freeze.

He walked back out, shirt pushed upwards so that I could see an ice pack pressed tightly to the fresh wound. And his abs, but let's not think about that now. My stomach twisted nervously as he neared. He raised his eyes to meet mine, now looking calmer.

"See?" he mumbled lowly. "I'm fine, kitten." He removed the ice pack and showed me the scar. It was an angry pulsing red, but completely clean like he just poured alcohol over it like it was nothing. At least there was no blood coming out. It hurt me to even look at it. The wound looked incredibly painful, a rip through those glorious rock hard musc-

"Are you sure you don't need to go to the hospital?" I pressed. My eyes continually darted behind his head to the back of the house. I was still terrified that the other guy might come back.

"Yes." he hissed, a tinge of annoyance at my persistency in his tone. I backed away a few feet, mostly because I wanted to go home but also because he was making me nervous. I really don't know how to react around drop dead gorgeous men. I mean, I think I literally spent half of my 16 years of life on Tumblr and watching Doctor Who.

"Yes, but are you, like, sure?" I rambled helplessly, not knowing when to stop my loud mouth. "Like, are you really, really sure? What if you decide to go to the hospital later? Wait, what if it gets infected? Dude, seriously, I think you should get it checked out. Like now. What if-"

"Oh my God!" he cut me off again. "Do you ever shut up? For fuck's sake, kitten. I can't believe I have to live next to you."

"Um, excuse you." I sniffled. "I'm not to happy about it myself, you nipple."

He stared at me. "Did you just call me a nipple?"

"Yes."

Silence.

I shifted from foot to foot, practically suffocating from how awkward the aura between us just got. I bit down hard on my tongue, trying to refrain from making the situation even worse.

"Scar." he suddenly muttered.

I was glad someone broke the silence. I glanced at him nervously, and then directed my attention to the dead weeds beside the house. They were dry and shriveled up, past the point of death. I wanted to take one of the pricks and stab myself with it if it would make me shut up. He was already creeped out, I could tell.

I nodded, not knowing how else to respond. "Yes, you have a scar."

"No, stupid." The boy scoffed. "My name is Scar. Is that clear enough for you or do I need to spell it out? It's, and you might want to write this down, S-C-A-"

"Nipple!" I hissed, my face heating up. I knew he thought I was crazy, but he didn't need to treat me like a child. I folded my arms across my chest. The cold was finally getting to me. It was mid-October, and the nights were freezing now. After a moment of silence, I said, "My name is Genevieve. And don't call me kitten." I added. It sounded weirdly sexual.

"Good for you, kitten. I really didn't care but whatever."

That was it. I swirled around, turning to go back home. A low, sexy chuckle sounded from behind me, making my face get even hotter. I already had a feeling I wouldn't get along very well with this Scar dude. He was proving to be kind of a douche, even if he is hotter than coffee.

I am so sorry. I just realised why people are saying that the cat is Scar. It's not, I had a banner of Diego Barrueco up but I replaced it with the cat. I forgot to delete "Picture of Scar :)" from the top which is probably why a lot of people are confused. Stupid mistake. I'm sorry for any confusion it may have caused.