Chapter 58

Amnesia-Five Seconds of Summer

🔸Adelram's POV🔸

I race down the highway at an alarming rate, knowing I have absolutely no time to waste.

The injudicious, obtuse nurses at the hospital just kept saying "you'll have to wait in there until we have an open room for your girl" no matter how much I tried to bribe them, argue with them and warn them. They just kept saying it over and over again.

By the time I had found her a room and paid the moronic nurse a hefty chunk of money to ensure safety and comfort, I had already used up fifteen minutes.

I have to get there with Kamaria before something bad happens.

I really hope I'm just being paranoid when I'm feeling like everything's going wrong.

I swerve to the right when I see the old junky hotel. I had barely pushed on the brakes and made wide tire marks on the road from the immediate turn.

I feel like all my blood has drained out of me when I look at the empty lot (besides all of the trees littered everywhere)

I quickly get out of the car, my eyes scanning the area for any sign of Kamaria.

Trees are burned clean through and thrown everywhere, definitely the works of Kamaria. The sign is pulled out of the ground, and the whole lot looks like a tornado just hit.

Walking towards where most of the mess is, I feel my heart drop and a knot the size of a softball form in my throat when I see blood sprayed all over the ground and chunks of long, smooth black hair that I recognize all too well scattered on the ground.

Slyder kidnapped Kamaria.

Dang it Princess, you promised me you wouldn't get hurt.

I feel every emotion possible crashing down on me at once.

Anger. Anger at myself for listening to Kamaria. I knew something was going to go wrong. I could just feel it, but I let her convince me to leave her all alone with Slyder.

Fear that I'll never see Kamaria again. Fear that this is the end of her. That Slyder will torture her to death before I'm able to find her.

Sad. Sad that she's gone. Sad that she's been beaten and battered by Slyder and that she's most likely feeling a whole new level of pain right now.

Disgust when I imagine the gruesome torture she's receiving.

Shame that I had allowed myself to leave the woman I love with a hideous monster. Shame that I didn't stay here and save her.

Indignation of the fact that she has to go through this. Kamaria has done nothing wrong. She's an amazing person that puts everyone's feelings before her own. She came here to save her best friend, ignoring the fear she had for her own life and now she's going through torture and pain.

Pity. I can't help but feel pity towards her. I can't even imagine the horrid stuff Slyder is putting her through.

And love. Love for her. Despite the fact that she ended up losing the fight and was kidnapped by Slyder, I can't help but love the fact that she never once faltered, she knew she had to do whatever she could to save Abigail, even if that meant risking her own life.

I'm not used to so many emotions, especially not all at once. I feel like screaming, punching a wall, crying, beating myself up, murdering Slyder, hating Kamaria, and going through every what if scenario my head can produce, but I know that none of that will save Kamaria, and at the moment, that's all that matters.

So I make the dreaded call. The call to the ESPP.

"Hello?" The calm, heavy voice says on the other end of the phone.

I take a deep breath. If anyone can save Kamaria, it's the ESPP. I just need to get it out, before I chicken out.
"Slyder kidnapped Kamaria" I blurt.

There's a pregnant pause as he takes this new information in.

"Come here, now" the now alarmed voice demands "and expect to give a long explanation" he advices.

I bite my lip, already knowing how angry he'll be when he hears about what I did.

I'm regretting the decision more and more by the minute.

If only I had stayed with my princess.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Short, I know. Just here to show you kind of what Adelram was going through when he found out.

What do you think happened to Kamaria?

Do you think Adelram will save her?

Do you think Kamaria will ever escape from Slyder?

Do you think I have a unexpected ending where maybe it's not gonna be so happy after all?

Tell me whatcha think y'allllll 😂

Happy Cinco De Mayo peoples of the world! I'm eating a delicious meal of fat, juicy, Indian tacos, and fluffy sopapilla's, and salsa and chips! Glob, I love how I can use this beautiful holiday as an excuse to pig out of incredible food! 😂

Please comment, read, vote, and promote!!!