Night fifteen

Louis sighs and stares at his ceiling. It was his first day back at school in a week. He has so much homework and people kept asking him about Nick and Harry and blah, blah, blah.

At least his friends and Harry were with him all day. He would've went insane if it wasn't for Niall, Zayn and Liam making stupid jokes at lunch and Harry holding his hand.

They promised to help him with homework after school, but of course everyone "forgot about their previous plans". Bullshit.

He sighs again and picks up his textbook. Physics is such a stupid class. He can't even remember why he took it.

A tap at his window distracts him and he looks over to see a grinning Harry. He just gestures for him to lift the window.

Harry slips his fingers under the small space and lifts the window open. He eyes the mess of notes and books scattered around Louis' room.

"Playing catch up?"

"Yes. You said you'd help me," Louis pouts and Harry just walks over and flops down next to him.

"That's why I'm here. What are you working on?"

"Physics. It makes no sense," Louis complains and Harry rolls his eyes and takes his book. He quickly scans the page and then starts to complete the questions.

Harry took physics last year and he did really well in the class. Louis watches as Harry writes down formulas and creates numbers that just don't make sense to Louis.

"How do you know if it's right?" Louis wonders and Harry lets out a small laugh.

"I just do. Trust me."

"Yeah okay. Continue that and I'll start my history," Louis says. Harry just keeps writing.

Louis starts to highlight important parts of his notes and his book. He has a thousand word essay to finish by Friday.

Harry finishes fairly quickly and watches Louis as he highlights important parts of his notes.

"You could just google everything," Harry suggests and Louis looks up.

"She wants some of it to be from class discussions and stuff," he explains. Harry just leans back and watches Louis work.

He feels bad as he watches Louis huff and puff over the pile of work he has to do.

"Lou?"

"Yeah?"

"Let's go."

Louis looks up and gives Harry a curious glance. His glasses slip a bit down his nose, but he doesn't bother to fix them yet.

"Where?" Louis finally asks and Harry just smiles.

"Trust me."

And Louis can't say no. He follows Harry out of his room (no one is home) and out his front door.

"Are we taking my car?" Louis asks and Harry thinks about it before nodding.

"I'm driving though," he states and Louis just passes him the keys. They quickly enter the old car and Harry starts to cruise down their street.

"Do you even know where we're going?" Louis asks, amused by the situation.

"I have an idea. Close your eyes," Harry instructs and Louis follows his instructions. The drive is short and soon enough Harry stops the engine.

"Okay. No peaking. I'm coming over there and I'm going to carry you," Harry says.

"Yeah. Okay," Louis replies and Harry smiles at how trusting he is of him. Harry climbs out of the car and jogs over to Louis' side.

He opens his door and unbuckles his seat belt. Harry picks Louis up like he weighs nothing and Louis makes some weird noise.

"Harry, where are you taking me?" Louis whines and Harry doesn't reply.

He carefully walks down the familiar path until he can see the light sand of the small beach. The place is empty this time of year and sadly the water is too cold to go swimming.

Harry places Louis down when they reach the beach and Louis stumbles slightly but regains his balance.

"Open your eyes," Harry says and Louis quickly does. His eyes scan the familiar area of the lake and then land back on Harry. He's watching him expectantly and Louis can't help but remember everything.

He looks out on to the water and remembers the first night he told Harry he loved him.

They'd been messing around, sneaking out and thinking they we're oh so rebellious. Louis had his legs wrapped around Harry's waist in the water and Harry's hair was all over his face.

Louis had gently moved it away and kissed him like he always did. Except it was different this time. It was more passionate, more meaningful, it was just more.

And Louis had let the three little words slip out of his wet lips and Harry was quick to return them.

"I love this place," Louis finally speaks and Harry just moves forwards and wraps his arms around Louis' waist.

"Me too. Do you still love me as much as you did in that very moment?" Harry mumbles out and Louis nods.

"Probably more."

"Can I ask you a serious question?"

"Course."

"Do you ever worry maybe we're not right for each other? We've never been with anyone else so how do we know?" Harry asks and Louis stops and actually thinks about.

He thinks about all his years with Harry. Every kiss, every laugh, every tender touch and every smile.

He thinks about it all and then turns to Harry.

"We know because we fit," Louis says and he slips his fingers in between Harry's.

"We know because we feel," Louis continues and he pecks Harry's lips quickly.

"We know because even after all these years, we've never looked at anyone the way we look at each other," Louis finishes.

"And what if we stop fitting and feeling and looking?" Harry asks and Louis looks at him.

"We won't." Louis replies easily and Harry just looks at him.

"How do you know?" Harry worries.

"I know because I love you and you really need to stop with these sad questions." Louis says.

"Sorry. I just... I get worried," Harry admits and Louis gently caresses his cheek.

"There's no need to worry, babe." Louis assures him and Harry seems to relax.

Louis looks up at him and feels something in his stomach twist. He doesn't want Harry to feel insecure in their relationship.

"Why did you ask that?" Louis whispers and Harry looks down at him.

"Because I worry you'll get sick of sneaking around because of my mom and find someone else," Harry admits and Louis frowns.

"Very unlikely," he says and Harry gives him a small smile.

"I know, but I still worry."

Louis nods and then looks around. They're at the beach and he doesn't like having sad conversations of "What if's".

"Let's build a sand castle!" Louis suggests and Harry immediately agrees. Both boys crouch down and start to build up mounds of sand.

As they build Louis keeps thinking about Harry's words. If he's honest he's tired of sneaking around too.

He's going to try and fix all this tomorrow, but right now he's building a sand castle with a lanky boy who he loves.