Chapter 61

Thanks to @yourstrulydesire for an awesome cover. Thank you.
Please read and enjoy the next chapter and don't forget to vote and comment please. Thank you all.
Sharon S.

_____

He was here.
In the flesh.
For me.

Standing about ten metres away from us in a navy blue shirt and grey jeans.

His posture was rigid.

"Knight. To what do I owe this very pleasant surprise?"
Alpha Jace said, sarcasm lacing his every word.

Night? It was darker out now yes, but why did he feel the need to tell us that it's night? Or is it code word for something?

His voice seemed relaxed but his stance showed that he was just about as ready to pounce as Damon was.
Tension between two Alpha males is always a bit disturbing.

"Shut up Walker, you know why I'm here." Damon said.
His voice calm, but eyes burning with rage.

Oh I had missed his voice.
No matter how cold.
Wait, he'd addressed him as Walker? Maybe that was his other name or a surname perhaps.
Wait, 'night'?
I just realised that he had meant 'Knight'.
They were addressing each other by their last names.

"Actually I don't. Care to enlighten me?" Alpha Jax said.
Damon growled and stepped forward. His men behind him following suit taking attacking stances.

The women who were still kneeling on the lawn were quietly whimpering to themselves as they observed the dead bodies sprawled out across the garden.

"Release the girl, she belongs with me." Damon stated.

"The girl is going nowhere." Jax retorted while tightening his grip on my arm and pushing me behind him, hiding me from the eyes of Damon.

Wait, the girl?
I have a name!

Shut up.

"Okay let me make it simple for you, release her or she gets it." Damon said while he kicked Cassandra in the ribs causing her to spew more blood.

I looked at her figure on the ground.
She was curled up in a foetus position crying and holding her chest as if she wanted to rip her heart out.
Then she looked up and met my eyes.
I looked at her and then I suddenly wanted to fall sick.

She looked absolutely disgusting. Blood, sweat, tears and probably phlegm that was flowing from her broken nose all covered her face making her hair stick to her face in an unruly manner.

She was suffering.
And she deserved it. I could almost still feel her using the crowbar to break my body.
But even with that memory, I couldn't help but feel bad for her right now. Seeing her like that didn't give me any satisfaction.

I tried to look at her with no emotion in my eyes and then she turned to meet Alpha Jat's eyes silently begging him to save her.

He laughed.

"I don't really care what you do to her. She was just a tumble in the hay. She means nothing to me." He simply stated using his other hand to wave her off as though he was getting rid of unwanted mail.

Tumble in the hay?
So she was getting it 'on' with two Alphas at the same time?
I looked at her. Well, I guess someone's been pretty busy.
Or maybe she was with one before the other?
But for the fact that said Alphas don't particularly like each other, I was still a bit suspicious.

Cassandra's eyes widened up in shock.

"Ja- Jax, h-how can yo-you say that?" Her voice sounded super scratchy and very low but we all heard her and we couldn't miss the hurt in her voice.
I looked briefly at Alpha Jax.
From 'acquaintances' to 'tumble in the hay'?
And judging from Cassandra's face, she probably saw whatever they had as more, substantial.
But she meant nothing to him.