42 | TELEPHONE CALLS AND REVELATIONS

SONG SUGGESTION: Mind Games by Banks

"I wouldn't be shooting Peeta. He's gone. Johanna's right. It'd be just like shooting another of the Capitol's mutts." Katniss' voice projected across the base, ringing in everyone's ears while the last word sent shivers down Greyson's spine.

Greyson didn't understand how Katniss could be feeling so cold toward Peeta. Sure, he was now programmed to hate her, but deep down, Greyson knew that the caring boy she had conversations with in the arena was still there. People's souls don't just leave their bodies, they're only damaged. For Peeta, she only hoped Katniss could see that too.

The dinner whistle sounded, and Greyson pulled Finnick with her, glancing back to see Boggs talking to Johanna. Finnick's hand landed on the small of Greyson's back, causing her skin the rise with goosebumps. They waited in line with everyone else, silently having a conversation with their eyes.

Greyson knew what he was thinking, and she thought the exact same thing. Coin wanted her dead, and probably Katniss too. That was the only plausible reason for the two most unstable people being sent into a war zone. Greyson wasn't shocked, but she still felt betrayed, of course. She was sick of people in power thinking they could kill anyone they wanted or do anything they thought would justify their place in the world.

Finnick pinched her side, earning her a loud gasp, drawing soldiers attention to them. Her cheeks blazed red as she glared at him, who was grinning. "What's on your mind?" He questioned while turning to put some food onto his plate.

Greyson didn't answer him as she did the same, nervously biting the inside of her cheek. "I don't think we should talking about it, right here," she whispered.

He understood with a curt nod of his head, returning to the campfire and sitting on a sleeping bag. Greyson fell down beside him, her knees knocking into his. Everyone sat around the fire, eating in an awkward silence. Greyson noticed a few people shooting Katniss glares, to which the girl ignored.

She felt his lips at her ear after she was done eating, "want to go to bed?" The fire was flickering off of her face as Greyson looked up to her husband. His hair was falling over his forehead from not being properly brushed and his eyes were dropping with exhaustion. She knew he didn't sleep. She didn't sleep much either, not during times like these.

"Yeah," she followed him to their tent after discarding their trash. The opening was zippered closed as Greyson fell on top of their blankets. It was a small tent, but had enough room for two people. She didn't mind at all, especially when she would wake up with a nightmare clear in her mind.