SS1: His and Her Thoughts of Her | 1 |

Call me Raize, short for Raize Lee Gue.

I have been called cold, stoic, rigid, smartee, etc. by other students. I'm quite proud of it, especially when one of its perk is learning a new vocabulary every day.

I am by no means being bullied. I simply have too many people who are jealous of me. What? That could be a reason for their actions? Which is considered bullying? 

Well, I don't really care. Bullied or not, I have a life of my own.

Keyword there. I don't care for a lot of things. But what I do obsess over is Math. Mathematics makes the world go around. Heck, math figured the world was round. Not a person, but you know what I mean.

I can use measurements to shoot accurately. I can use functions to understand notions better. See? There is more to Mathematics than symbols. It is like a whole new language in itself.

You just have to learn and love it, but enough about my roller coaster thoughts.

I'm currently a first year in High School, and ranking 1st for every subject. I do well enough in Physical Education too.

I'm not boasting, this chapter is just meant for me to explain what kind of person I am.
No, it's not boasting really. And yes, this is breaking the fourth wall. No need for congratulations.

I don't know that many people, but I am aware of one. No, I'm simply eyeing her because she is always second place. It is like she is letting me be first on purpose... I can't seem to remember how she looks though. Do I need another pair of eyeglasses?

There is this field trip coming in 2 months. I heard about it first because I go in and out of the faculty office. At last I could get the chance to go and borrow my Grandpa's beloved Swiss Army Knife. I've been eyeing the thing since I was 3.
Yes, seriously.

When my attention was brought back to my reality, I noticed other students looking at me and whispering to one another. Their thoughts were none of my concern, but I wish they did not have to blatantly show their gossip monger characteristics. 

Thinking back the past few days, I have heard many whispers around me. Increasing by the day, I had to wonder what the contents were. I could certainly find out when I get the chance.

The chance came not too long after. I came quite early, and thinking I would be alone in the classroom, I was surprised to know I was wrong.

In one of the seat at the back, I could see a female classmate looking out the window quietly. She did not seem to notice me coming in either.

I decided to walk slowly towards her, hoping she would notice me before I arrive to her desk. However, much to my disappointment, she never fazed. I decided to simply call out to her and be direct with what I wanted.

And so I asked. "Hey, morning. Do you know anything about what others have been whispering with each other about? I feel like it involves me." 

As I looked on her, I noticed her face felt strikingly familiar. I wondered briefly if I had tried to remember her face at some point. Since I almost never do.

To my question, she gave me a glance. Her expression devoid of any emotion. I had to wonder for how long she was gonna stare at me for. 

When I still didn't hear her response, I decided to leave.

"Well, sorry for bothering you." But before I could completely turn around, she grabbed my wrist and focused her redish brown eyes on me. 

"I don't know." Was all she said before looking back out the window. Curious to her fixation of what was outside she obsessed over with, I joined her for a look. What welcomed me was a pleasant hue of red and a memorable sky to behold.