Chapter 45

I looked at the watch anxiously again waiting for Hunter to come home.
He went to visit his brother with his father. I hope everything goes well. He seemed pretty tensed when he was leaving the house.

I know he loves Kevin a lot. Even after everything, he still cares for him. You can't just erase this kind of love after all.

I quickly jumped from the couch when I heard the front door open and close.
I let out a sigh of relief when he soon walked into the living-room.

I took quick steps to him pulling him into a tight hug. He didn't hesitate before wrapping his arms around me.

"How was it? Did you guys talk? Did he regret? Did h-".

"Ella". He chuckled while pulling away.
"It was fine. We talked. And he said he regretted everything".

"Really?". I asked.

"Yes". He smiled pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.
"I don't know if I believe him though".

I frowned. "Why? Did something happen?".

"No". He said. "I'm just not stupid enough to trust him again this quickly. You asked me to forgive. But I don't have to trust him".

"Do you think he apologized just to get out of jail?".

He chuckled. "He is going to jail anyways. I will make sure he still pays for his crimes. I'm not that forgiving Ella".

I nodded sighing.

"Are you hungry?". I asked.

He nodded and I grabbed his hand leading him to the kitchen.

********

"Here". Hunter said walking into the kitchen after dinner with a small box in his hand. He opened it.
"Put it on". He said placing the open box on my hand.

I gasped. "You kept it?". I asked looking at my ring.

"Of course. There's my name inside. Why wouldn't I?". He said taking it out of the box and pushing it on my finger.

I chuckled. "Yeah. I remember that".

He shrugged smiling lightly. I put it on my finger and reached for the glass on the table.

"Here. Drink". I ordered giving him the glass of milk.
"Drink all of it". I repeated when he was about to say something.

He huffed and brought it to his lips.
I bit my lip nervously as he took a sip of it.

"I'm pregnant". I blurted out making him choke and started coughing.

"Oh God". I gasped patting his back. "Sorry. Are you okay?". I asked when he started calming down.

"Shit". He swore putting the glass on the table. "You're what?".

"I... I'm pregnant". I repeated as he stood up and walked to me.

"Fuck yes!". He said loudly making my eyes widen.

"Not so loud. Jason is sle-". I stopped talking when I felt him lifting into his arms.