Chapter 45 (part 2)

*** Third person ***

"Donovan. You're fired". Hunter declared looking at the man in front of him.

"What?". Donovan looked at him with wide eyes.
"But sir, I don't understand. If it is because of the incident with your wife, I'm really sorry".

"I'm not gonna lie. I don't like you, don't trust you. And I can't have people I don't trust in the company". He explained.
"I can give you a recommendation for another company, but not here anymore".

"You don't understand. I have been working here for years. I need this post".

Hunter sighed standing. "That is my decision. If you want the recommendation, you can come by tomorrow morning". He said pulling his hand out.

Donovan clenched his jaw and reluctantly took his hand.

"Now I have a trial to assist. I need to leave". He added and Donovan nodded before angrily leaving the office.

Son of a bitch. He thought walking away.

How was he going to do Kevin's job now?

****

*** Stella's POV ***

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?". I asked Hunter as he was getting ready to go to Kevin's trial.

"Yes". He answered. "Just stay here and rest". He stood up and walked up to me.
"Just eat, watch a movie with Jason and just don't think about it. I'll be back right after".

I huffed and nodded.

"But I still want to go".

"Why? I will tell you everything when I come. I know you. You're a walking fountain. You're gonna start crying there".

"Excuse me?". I gave him a look before slapping his arm.
"I don't cry that much".

He scoffed. "Yeah, right".

I glared at him. "What if tell you that I won't cry".

He chuckled. "Then I won't believe you".

"You're so annoying".

"Don't worry. He will get what he deserves". He said pulling me to him.
"How are you feeling?" He asked placing a hand on my stomach.

"Good". He smiled. "After this one, a couple more and we'll be good". He added making my eyes widen.

"Have you lost your mind, Hunter?". I laughed pulling away from him.

"No. I just want my own football team". He smirked and I laughed again shaking my head.

"You're crazy".

"That's your fault".

I chuckled shaking my head. "You're going to be late, honey". I said fixing his tie.

He smiled big before kissing me deeply.

*** Third Person ***

"Kevin Knight. For the corruption and the money laundering, the court find you guilty. For Donna simmons' stolen identity, the court found you guilty". He paused moving to the next page.
"For the assault and Stella Simmons, the court found you guilty. For the murder of Mrs. Simmons' second husband, the court found you guilty". He looked up staring at Kevin.

Kevin clenched his fists as they finished.

Where the fuck was Donovan?

"Mr. Kevin Knight. For all your crimes, we sentence you to thirty years of in jail". He declared as Kevin lowered his head angrily.
"Court is dismissed". He finished standing up.

Everyone stood up as he left the room.

Kevin turned to look at his brother and father.

"I thought you were going to help get out of here". He snapped.

"That would be too easy son. Everybody gets what's they deserve. Even my sons".

"If it was Hunter, you would have never accepted him going to jail. Then why me?".

Bryan sighed. "I would have been harder with him, because he is older".

Kevin looked at them with anger. His gaze locked with Hunter's who was just staring at him.

"I hope you're proud of yourself, brother". He said bitterly as he was dragged away.

¥¥¥

This is the last time Donovan or Kevin appear on this book.
You will have the chance to hate them again on Jason's book.