chapter 15

I SHALL BEGIN QUESTIONS BCUZ WHY NOT ;; FEEL FREE TO ANSWER TOO

QOTD : What's your favorite Zelda game?
►Minish Cap :D

And in the distance, a ghost of a smile danced across a certain Usurper King's lips.

Ghirahim felt a presence appear just outside of the run-down hut, and immediately snapped his eyes to the door. A rather tall figure approached, bending their knees to fit through the narrow doorway. They were armored and robed in somehow familiar motifs, with a metal chameleon-like helm concealing their face. With their elegant strife came an eerie air of authority, and the demon narrowed his eyes.

Not just anyone could carry such an empowering aura wherever they walked, and concern pierced through Ghirahim as he realized he left [Name] near the doorway. In an attempt to be discreet, he formed a protective barrier around her frame.

The Usurper King clucked his tongue.

"You didn't seem like the type who'd concern himself with these rats," he said. He took a step over to her, his eyes flicking over her tattered trousers. The closeness between them caused Ghirahim to tense, and in spite of the diamond-tinted barricade separating the two, he grew unnerved. Unable to take it, in one swift movement he teleported to her side and hauled her over his shoulder. He scowled at the newcomer.

"You smell distinctly of Her Royal Highness. Have you come to try and imprison me?" He flashed his tongue, flicking it with a hiss. "I'd gladly entertain you with a duel."

The Twili only glowered. "Make no mistake... I am the Twilight King, Zant. That woman is nothing more than an imp now. And I have no interest in returning you to your pedestal."

The excitement Ghirahim initially felt boiling inside him immediately cooled down. He had a history with a member of Zant's tribe - the former princess Midna - and he would take immense pleasure in ridding of the rest of her kin. They were nothing but headaches.

Nonetheless, he kept up a melodramatic charade.

"You seek diversion, then? How fortunate that you've stumbled upon such a rare gem. I am the definition of extravagance!"

A low, patient exhale escaped Zant's lips, echoed against the hollow of his helm.

"My god has sent for you, Demon Lord Ghirahim," the Twili explained, and a wide smirk cracked across the demon's face. Nothing pleased him more than being humored with his full title. "He will utilize your power, and you will have no need to toy with rats."

Hope erupted throughout Ghirahim's body like a wildfire. Just the thought of being reunited with his master sent shivers down his spine, but he couldn't allow his eagerness to seep through. Nothing was crueler than false hope; he had to remain pessimistic.

"Might I ask the name of this god?"

"Lord Ganondorf."

Even though Ghirahim had no recollection of ever hearing that name, he didn't expect Lord Demise to retain the same namesake.

He lowered [Name]'s body to the ground, refreshing the barrier, allowing its impregnable material to fully surround her. Nothing outside could attack her - but she also could not escape.

Zant narrowed his eyes, though this was hidden behind his bulging chameleon orbs.

"What is the purpose of keeping vermin around?"

"A hostage," Ghirahim's lie rolled off his tongue so smoothly; it was difficult to convince even himself that that wasn't the truth. Zant turned his back.

"Whatever. Let's be off."

The Twili's oversized robes trailed behind him as he exited the shack, slowly, not sparing another glance back to ensure that Ghirahim was following. The latter strutted behind without another word.

Outside, arrays of Shadow Beasts surrounded them, causing the demon to grunt. He wondered if bringing [Name] along would be wiser, then he wouldn't have to worry about these... things devouring her. Even if she was under protection.

Although... If this truly was Lord Demise reborn, he would gladly trade [Name]'s life to grant this reincarnation complete control of Ghirahim's blade.

Or . . .

Would he?

a/n

ugh cheesy ending is cheesy