SS2: His and Her thoughts of Her | 2 |

At the beginning of the year, I suspected I would have great days ahead of me until...

"Harrow, your sit is at the back. Get along with your seatmate this time."

My homeroom teacher assigned me to another seat due to my boisterous behavior in the class. I followed the direction she pointed at, walked to that point only to retreat a few paces back.

How could she put me beside a delinquent?! Am I supposed to be the babysitter here?!

I had heard this person is part of the Bloods. One of the three great territorial gangs. I didn't really believe it at first but I saw her fighting one time. Since then, I tried to avoid having anything to do with her. But as fate would have it, I might die at the age of 16.

Before that though, I'll try to live as much as I can. Thankfully, I've got other friends sitting close to my new seating arrangement. She has yet to even look at my way. I found that rather displeasing...

I had thought I would never associate myself with her. Then one day, out of nowhere, I saw her again where she was fighting with 4 people all at the same time. Although this time, she is alone. She must have won and now owns the territory for herself.

I was gonna turn around and walk another path when I noticed her dashing to climb a tree. It was an amazing sight, like a ninja!

She dashed on the trunk literally and when she reached the second closest branch from the ground, she reached out for a cat on it.

The cat seemed to recognize her because it slowly walked towards her. Climbing unto her arm and into her arm. She then jumped down without care. I mean seriously, there should be a limit to how athletic one person can be. I was completely mesmerized by her agile movements.

I didn't approach her, but I decided to use this path for my route home from now on. I don't think I have enough courage to risk getting inflicted by her violence just yet.

So days passed and I always seem to notice her staying in that same place. The difference is, there are more cats around to play with now. Not only cats, but dogs too. Not to mention, birds casually flock around the nearby trees. I wouldn't believe it if anyone told me what I am seeing right now.

It became my hobby to observe her eventually.

She remains silent most of the time, not unless she couldn't help it. Just like in class when our teacher calls for her to answer. She would do so obediently and correctly.

During exams, I notice her work too. I was not looking to cheat!! Promise! Although I almost got caught by our proctor. Anyways, the unusual part was that, she answered some things and left a few of them blank. I wondered what she was up to, but I noticed her scores in every major examinations remain the same number every time. Same digits for every placement. I felt my impression of her keep going up the more I learn about her.

I continued to observe this unusual seatmate of mine, and decided it was time to see her reactions to my attacks. It's been 3 months since we became seatmates. I feel rather comfortable sitting beside her now.

For my first tryout, I tried throwing my erasers to her table. She returned them to me diligently, not saying anything, not even looking at me!

I got bored with just using erasers, so I threw crumpled papers to her corner next. Her expression didn't change still. And she didn't even bother to pick them up this time. So I got nagged by our classmates and our homeroom teacher for loitering in class.

I also tried touching her casually, but every single time, she avoids in time. I eventually gave up and settled with poking. Although she ignores it the first few times, she would later look at me with her brows furrowed and her redish eyes glaring. Sometimes she also throws some cute threats that she never seem to do.

I might have turned into a weird character seeing her react to my teasing. So it became sort of a hobby to poke fun of her, but most of the time though, I just remain quiet since she doesn't seem to like the noise. I like it when she looks at peace.

Her eyes are always looking the other way though, out the window. So her side profile was already engraved in my head by the time I became comfortable around her.

Then field trip came. I'm so glad we are in the same group. I can continue my observation of her even during the most exciting time of our high school!