||T i r e d||

This one is for anosha2627
:)

"When truth has no burning,
then it is philosophy.
When it gets burning from the
heart, it is poetry."

-Allama Iqbal-

F i f t y O n e
(Previous part)

Alternative- more halal version.

Mashal

"Go in." He ordered.

His order made me angrier but I swallowed my retort, only because he was my husband and walked in beside him, my face red with the suppressed rage.

A pleasant breeze greeted me, not too cold to make me shiver, neither too warm to make me sweat.
I was in a rose garden.
Rows and rows of red roses planted in flower beds and archs above my head like an entrance to somewhere special. Their redness being more vivid than a burning fire.

The velvety flowers danced and swayed while the bulbuls perched high in the trees, sang together in a chorus.
The sky was clear blue and the sun was beaming in joy. The grass had been mown short with scuffed moss like a green carpet.

I gaped at the splendid sight.

Walking under the archs, the scent of roses surrounded me and I only halted when I came in a clearing.

An oak table for two, all covered with rose petals with a metallic candle stand in the middle, the scented candles burning, even though the sun was out.

"Surprise!" It was Zeyara's voice but there was no Zeyara there, just a strange unknown man whose face I couldn't recognise. He undoubtedly had Zeyara's curls and a curly beard as well. Clear tanned skin, not a single spot on his handsome face and his brown eyes sparkled in the sun.

"W-who are you?" He saw the shock register on my face and a small smile played on the man's lips. He was wearing the same thobe as Zeyara, his voice had the same vanilla texture to it, everything but his face... My husband did not have such a flawless face.

"It is me, don't worry. " he chuckled. "This is my real face, the face I would've had right now. I thought you would like to see it as a virtual reality, you know to celebrate our victory in Kashf with a candlelight....uh....not dinner but at least we have candles!"

My face was washed blank in confusion for a delicate moment, like my brain cells weren't fast enough to process the information from my wide eyes. Every cell of my body froze before a grin crept onto my face.
I ran up to him until we were inches away, he moved his head closer until our foreheads were resting against each other.

"Thank you." I said in barely more than a whisper.

"For what?" His voice came, low and husky.

"For being you." My voice was shaky but that was all we needed to lean in and share a kiss.

F i f t y T w o

Mashal
The lies that I fear the most are the ones that seem so much better than the truth, they make you want to escape reality and live in a fantasy.