Chapter 33

MAARIAH'S POV

I slipped into the bathroom as Nabeel became less drugged. I pulled off my abaya and underneath it I wore a cute leopard print, black and white tank top, and an orange mini skirt. I had never dressed like this before, but I knew that this was my last opportunity. If Nabeel didn't like what he saw, he would never even brush his finger along my cheek, let alone kiss me.

I quickly touched up my make up to make it bolder and more seductive. I paired my winged eyeliner and long lashes with nude eyeshadow, and a bold red lip. Then, I took my hair, which was flat under my hijab and plaited it into a delicate French plait with glitter in between. Nabeel had once told me that he had always imagined Tinkerbell to be a fairy with glitter in her hair and a cute French plait, and was hugely disappointed when she wasn't. He said that he loved fairies, even to that day. I knew that this look was something he would die for.

I was about to step out of the bathroom with my flats when I realised that heels were always great for brownie points. I slipped on my black Loubies and smiled at my reflection. I was so going to get him.

When I entered the room, Nabeel looked at me for a second and then let his mouth fall open. I had done it! He was impressed!

"You look... Wow! Maariah, why didn't you ever let me see your hair? I love it so much. And gosh, your legs! Why didn't you let me have you before?" he said, awestruck.

"Nabeel, this is only for you. Only for someone as special as you," I giggled flirtatiously.

"Come here, Maariah. I want to play with your hair. Remember when we used to date and you used to let that one lock of hair fall out of your hijab? I used to brush my thumb against it wishing to see your beautiful locks one day. Today is that day," he said smiling.

I bounced over to him and he stood up. He pulled me into a hug and as he held onto me, I could smell the cologne mingled with his sweet perspiration. He smelt like Axe and burnt oak wood. The smell was so familiar, and for years I had longed to inhale it again. His fingers traced my hairline. He fingered my plait, then let his fingers travel to my eyes, down to my nose and then to my lips. He stopped then, and I waited hesitantly, unable to predict whether he would kiss me or not. We had only kissed once before, and I wanted to do it again with only one person. That was my whole purpose of the night. I needed him to give me a farewell kiss so I knew that he loved me despite his protest.

A flicker of a smile danced across his lips, and then he bent down and hungrily devoured at mine. It wasn't a soft, gentle kiss like the first time. This time it was desperate, as if he was trying to cling onto something that would escape. Even in his drugged state, Nabeel knew that there was not going to be an us.

He pressed his lips against mine and then grabbed me by waist and pushed me onto the bed.

"N...N...Nabeel. No!" I stuttered.

"You wanted this, babe. You know you do. You wore this skirt because you wanted me to like it enough to take it. You wore that lipstick so that I could ruin it. You dress like a sl**, now I'll treat you like one," he slurred.

The drug clearly hadn't worn off as I had expected.

"God Maariah. Did anyone tell you that you're beautiful. You're so, damn beautiful. Even if I can't be with you, I'll give you the world tonight. Trust me, I'll give you what you deserve."

I was scared. I was genuinely scared. I didn't intend for it to go so far. Yet, at the back of my mind, I knew that this was what I had wanted all along. I wanted him and now he was giving himself to me. I couldn't reject his "gift," even if it was a petrifying thought.

So I smiled at him and as he held me, my protests became less desperate. I was protesting merely for his sake.

"Maariah, keep quiet. I want you to do as I say, okay," Nabeel moaned.

I winced in pain and wished that I had not started this. I knew that the consequences of this were not beautiful at all. I knew that someone, someday would find out. I knew that I would have to face my husband with this someday.

I also knew that in that moment, when Nabeel's fingers were clasped around the small of my back as my breathing and heartbeat quickened, it was exactly what I wanted.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I'm sorry if this seems explicit. I didn't know how else to write it. Also, I know that a lot of this is not accurate because as I was writing this, I figured that I had no clue what I was talking about. Normally I'd say, "Tell me how to make it accurate," but I prefer not to do that for this chapter.

Also
HOW DO YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER??!!!!
IT WAS LITERALLY THE "OMG"EST CHAPTER I'VE WRITTEN SO FAR!
Comment your opinion.