15: Aftermath

~Mingzhe Dei~

Within one of the many health centers, a beautiful purple haired girl could be seen helping patch up several severely stabbed or cut up citizens. Sweat rolling fast down her forehead, she continued to bring forth burst of essences to spread out in the surroundings, bringing with it a cooling sensation for the wounds.

She was one of the spectators of a devastating fight in the Open Square, and halfway through, she decided to help pull away the injured from the vicinity.

Although she felt rather guilty to the ones fighting against the queer purple haired youth, she couldn't just leave the others to die. If she had fought him, there was no doubt she would have been hurt very badly or even die.

During the whole commotion, the Emperor and the prince summoned the involved individuals, which included the still unconscious purple haired youth. The purple haired girl was also asked to join the conference.

Meeting the prince for the first time, she felt rather nervous. It was one of the things she was looking forward to when she decided to come to the city.

"How is the condition of that dangerous man?" Demanded the Emperor with his frightfully strong voice.

A trusted physician moved forward to answer, "He received quite a shock in his head, your Highness. As for when he will awake, it could be tomorrow or forever no more."

"How about the citizens? Has anyone quelled their anxious mind?" Inquired the Emperor.

A high ranking official brought itself forth, and with much respect put into his voice, he replied "By your will, your Highness. Thanks to your quick actions, the people have been informed of the situation and should no longer panic henceforth."

Pleased by the response, the Emperor displayed an approving smile. With a wave of his hand, the respectful official went back to his position.

"And you, girl." Called the Emperor, giving a glance to the purple haired girl.

Suddenly tensed, she nervously introduced herself, "Imhe Roine, your Highness. How may I serve you?" She gave a respectful bow.

"We thank you for your efforts in healing the injured. You have skills, can I hope to offer you a place in my Capital?" The Emperor amiably proposed.

At his words, a number of people in the room couldn't held off their loose mouth and started creating buzzing sounds. Then the Emperor gestured his hand to a stop, everyone fell quiet once again.

Gazing wide eyed at the Emperor, Imhe let out a late cute gasp. Nervously, she slowly replied, "My-- Your Highness!! How could I ever refuse such an opportunity!"

Seemingly satisfied with her answer, the Emperor continued with the offer, "How does becoming my son's wife?"

More buzzing sounds arose. Many of the officials participating in the conference were hoping for their daughter to win the son of the Emperor. They couldn't just easily have a commoner snatch such an easy rank.

To others disappointment, however, Imhe shook her head. "I want to marry for love, your Highness. To your generous and kind offer, anything but a wife."
The prince, Oliver, let a sigh of relief escape. He was feeling nervous due to his father's spontaneity.

Bemused, the Emperor replied, "Then so be it. From henceforth, I, Emperor of Mingzhe Dei allow Imhe Roine to be able to come and go from the palace. And with that, I give you the seal of the dragon to which you may use to Tavel around the world at your will, and certain expenses shall be covered by this Emperor."

A greater roar burst in the conference room. Imhe's mouth was left agape, only to forcefully close it once again and calmed her nerves.

"Your Highness. Such generosity will forever be remembered! This humble girl accepts."

Refusing an Emperor's offer was never good, but even so, Imhe thought of accepting the offer from the start. There were too many benefits she could use.

Please with her response, the Emperor allowed Imhe to be excused. Inside the conference room, more affairs were settled.

Outside, Imhe stood stunned, thinking how much luck she had to pull off to be offered such a proposal.

In the shadows, a lean youth with crimson eyes had been listening and he had heard everything that were said. Proving his spying to have been fruitful, he immediately sneaked into the darkness.

 Proving his spying to have been fruitful, he immediately sneaked into the darkness