16: Crossing The Bridge | 1 |

~A certain forest to Mingzhe Dei North Cape~

"Need I remind you that it is uber dangerous to go off on your own, Bright?" Ulla sternly reminded, while pointing her finger in the air.

On one of the bigger trees, a monke--- a certain Bright was hanging for his dear life. "....I'm too fascinating for the beasts here... Help me down?" He asked nervously.

To his dismay, Ulla simply made a face and went away before saying, "Monkeys can remain on their most comfortable habitat. I'm glad you found yours." With a wave of her hand, she headed North-West.

"W-w-w-wait!! Nooooooo...." Whined Bright as he very shakily tried to place one of his foot on a lower branch, only for it to break on his weight. With a loud fall, Bright massaged his already black and blue back hips. "Old age is terrible..." Was all he said as he followed behind.

Their group has been travelling for days mostly by foot towards the edge of the island. During their time in the forest, beasts have strangely been chasing Bright nonstop. His charm must indeed be so beast-like that he emits a certain pheromone wherein a beast couldn't possibly resist.

Lea and Raize always walked several feet away from Bright ever since that fact was discovered. Ulla kindly offered to assist Bright in his quest to reject every beast that came their way.

For some reason, ever since Raize asked Ulla if she had other clues concerning Lea's strange affinity to their current world, she found herself awkward with him. Dissuading the notion that Raize was suspecting her more than she let on, she had tried her best to stay away.

Her actions, however, made Raize's suspicions increasingly severe. And he intended to find out everything when the time came.

During their days of travelling, Lea's skills in reading the whether have become a great help to avoid bad conditions. The other three had more questions concerning Lea's upbringing up to this point. However, they held back thinking they'll figure out things eventually as there was no hurry in doing so.

To their amusement, Bright proved to be more than just an idiotic companion, but someone who could make merry out of the individualistic bunch.

Having been saved twice by Lea, but only knew of the second time, Bright felt respectful of her. Thus he unconsciously reduced his teasing when it came to her, which to her was a very good change.

Raize all the while continued to practice imagining more horrendous stuffs much to Ulla's dismay. Thusly, she couldn't help but ask.

"...Uhm... Raize?" Ulla reluctantly called as she walked towards Raize's determined form.

Giving a glance to Ulla, Raize simply queried, "Yea?"

"Uhm.. Why do you stick with such horrible looking and disgusting stuffs?"

"You just stated the reasons why." He said sarcastically before catching himself for sounding rather mean. "Sorry. What I meant was, they are excellent human repellent when the time comes. I don't like seeing gore and blood. So I'll stick with psychological attacks."

Understanding his thoughts, Ulla nodded in assent. "I understand. Sorry for bothering you..." She then went away looking slightly forlorn.

Observing the whole scenario was Lea as she was coming back from her usual scouting. She became the core fighter and support of the group due to her existent tight relationship with essences. It could be said that Lea and essences are of the same word at this point.

As she looked on Raize and Ulla's separation, she felt confused and worried but whatever she was feeling did not show on her usually blank canvas face. She walked closer to Raize's side as he continued to focus on his practice. His current targets were the trees, simply amplifying his imagination by making them substitute dummies but without psychological results.