Prologue

This used to be another story but I decided to change it because I really, really wanted to do this plot (:

•••

"I can't believe you're actually doing this" Ethan says as he hands me a box. I sigh as I lay it down in the back of my truck. My mom walks out of the house with a box in her arms while tears came down her face making me frown.
As she approaches me I swipe my thumb across her cheek to wipe off the tears, "Hey, I'll be back soon to visit. I just- I just don't want to skip this offer, ma. It's a once in a lifetime thing.."
She nods and hands me the box, "I know, I'm just going to miss you a lot."
I sigh and nod, "I'll miss you too."
My dad then exits the house, "last box!" He calls out as he makes his way to the car. He and my brother load it into the back before closing it up. "Thanks guys," I say as I begin to hug my dad. "Be safe, I'll see you soon buddy!" My dad says before pulling away. I'm then engulfed in a hug by my twin brother, Ethan. "God, bro, I'm going to miss you". "I'll miss you too," I mutter.
After pulling away, I turn around and smile at my mom, "I'll miss you a ton, mom. I'll see you really soon, alright? I promise I'll visit as much as I can." She nods her head before pulling me close to her. "Please just be safe, sweetie," she whispers. I step back and nod, "I will, okay?"

•••

After about four hours of driving, I finally arrived to my destination: my new apartment. It was my first time living away from home and away from my brother. Him and I have never been separated from each other for more than day. The fact we won't see each other every day for a year makes me devastated- I mean, he's my twin! My best friend, my only true friend actually. God, I didn't realize just how hard the separation would be.

I slowly get out of my truck before grabbing my keys. I already checked in and settled some boxes in my apartment already. Now I just have to wait for the moving trucks to arrive so I can get my couch, fridge, bed, dresser, nightstand- basically all my furniture. I grab one of the boxes full of clothes and make my way into the building.

"Wow, to think I'm going to be walking here every day.." I murmur to myself as I enter the elevator. I try moving the box out of my face to hit my level I end up loosing grip of the cardboard after I hit "6". The box falls onto the floor causing it to open. My clothes began to tumble out onto the elevator floor as the doors begin to close. I sigh as I bend down and begin to pick up my stuff. "Oh, um, need some help?" a girl asks as the elevator doors open. She steps inside and begins to help me. "T-thanks" I say as I pick the box up. I look up at her and begin to examine her as I get up. She had medium brunette hair, hazel eyes, a cute, button nose, and pretty full lips. Her lips were a darker shade of pink. She noticed I was staring at her face for such a long time that she began to blush, "My name is Andy" she says as she puts her hand out in front of me. I move the box over and shake her hand with my free one. "I'm, uh, G-Grayson" I say, mentally slapping myself for how awkward and dumb I sound. She just nods and smiles. "Looks like we are on the same floor" she chuckles, looking over at the buttons. I look over at the light up "6", "Oh, yeah" I murmur. Finally the elevator doors fly open and I quickly step out into the hallway. I find myself speed-walking to my apartment. For some reason, I was 10x more awkward then usual and I really didn't want to embarrass myself even more in front of that girl. She's beyond gorgeous and I don't want to screw anything up for myself.
I set the box down on the floor and begin to twist the key into the keyhole. The door unlocks and I fling it open, taking my box and stepping inside. I take a deep breathe before shutting the door with my foot. The clean, empty front room looked extremely sad to me. This is my new life I think to myself. I frown to myself as I look around. I begin to mentally place my furniture around the room. I look over at one of the walls where I imagined my couch and maybe a framed photo above it. As my eyes continued to wonder, I came across a hole in the wall. "Fuck, did I do that?" I ask myself as I walk over to it. I kneel down and examine it. It's pretty big and looks kind of old- I could probably fix it tomorrow or something. "Hmm, well" I sigh to myself.
Curiosity came over me and I looked into the hole which revealed- her. The girl I had just met. She was sitting on her couch which was faced almost directly in front of the hole. Her legs were criss-crossed and a book was laying on top of them.
"I should probably go over and tell her about this hole," I whisper as I stand up.

•••