Prologue!

Edited by Goddamnit_Kyle. Thank you so much for helping me out :)

This chapter is basically the story of their past, just to let you all know about their characters and relations. As the title says, it's a PROLOGUE and not a chapter! This might seem a little boring to you, but the juicy stuff is inside.

Enjoy.

•••

"But momma, Sammy wants to pway!"

"It's your bedtime, baby. Go to bed." I told my three-year-old son, Sam, who was more eager to play with his car toys than go to bed.

"Sammy don't want to!" He whined like the little baby he is.

"Sammy, do you want momma to get angry?" I ask in a stern voice, placing my hands on my hips and pretending to be angry. But, let's face it, it is ridiculously hard to be angry at such an innocent face.

Sam looked up at me with his big hazel eyes and dark brown hair, the same as mine. Sam is not my biological son, but he looks exactly like me.

Coincidence, right?

He's the son of my Aunt Mila and Uncle Steve. Aunt Mila was not my real aunt as my mom was an only child, but Aunt Mila was her first cousin and her best friend. She considered her as her real sister and she was the best aunt I could have ever asked for, real or not. Just five months before Sam was born, Uncle Steve passed away from lung cancer. He was addicted to alcohol and smoking, but he wasn't a typical messy drunkard. He had a very cheerful personality, like a big teddy bear.

Sadly, a day before Sam's birth, Aunt Mila was diagnosed with breast cancer. There was a possibility that her cancer would spread to the baby, but thankfully the doctor's assured that he would be okay.

I have always been fond of children, so when I heard the news I proposed the idea of adopting Sam. She accepted right away, not because she didn't want to keep Sam, but because she simply didn't have the time, money, or energy to raise a baby. I filled out the adoption papers and the process was complete the day Sam was born. My parents were surprisingly happy with my decision, and have supported me since day one.

He's momma's spoiled little angel. I strived to give him not only what he needed, but what he wants too. My family is rich, but not Christian Grey rich. We are like the middle-class of the rich community. I can buy Gucci or Chanel maybe once or twice a month, but not daily or weekly and that too only because my parents keep on sending me money considering how I don't earn much right now. His grandparents, i.e., my parents, and I have always spoiled him.

That's the harsh reality of life, it doesn't matter from where you graduated, you'll only find a good job if you have working experience and you'll get working experience only if you have a job. See how twisted it is?

I was nineteen when I adopted him three years ago. Now, at twenty-two, I couldn't be more happy with my decision. He always speaks about himself in third-person, an innocent and sweet trait of his.

I moved out of my hometown and headed to Los Angeles three months ago, just after I graduated with a bachelor's degree with my best friend Matt. No, we don't share an apartment, even though he wanted us to because of his fear of the dark, but I declined his offer as sweetly as I could. This didn't stop him from getting an apartment right next to mine though, not that I'm complaining.

Matt is a year older than me. We met at Yale and have been best friends ever since. Matt used to be a player in his high school days, but it's not his fault that girls actually throw themselves at him. He was, and still is, devastatingly handsome. This combined with his bad boy charms makes him irresistible. He has a pair of ocean blue eyes and light brown hair. Not only is he incredibly hot, but he's also an amazing cook.